Chase Trip Insurance being discontinued?

This was maybe 10-15 years ago when Chase first introduced the Sapphire card that included travel benefits. We had to cancel a European trip at the last minute for medical reasons. The trip included hotels, trains, cruise, and flights. The airline gave us flight credits, and Chase paid for the cruise and train tickets. They did not pay for the Hilton hotels because we booked those with a Hilton credit card that we had at the time.

I’ve often seen people post that they would only need to book part of the trip on their chase card and still get full reimbursements, but that was not my experience. 

14 hours ago, Suzanne123 said:

This was maybe 10-15 years ago when Chase first introduced the Sapphire card that included travel benefits. We had to cancel a European trip at the last minute for medical reasons. The trip included hotels, trains, cruise, and flights. The airline gave us flight credits, and Chase paid for the cruise and train tickets. They did not pay for the Hilton hotels because we booked those with a Hilton credit card that we had at the time.

I’ve often seen people post that they would only need to book part of the trip on their chase card and still get full reimbursements, but that was not my experience. 

While it is a moot question since Chase has changed its policy I don't see how under the old program paying for your cancelled hotel would have been Chase' responsibility. I believe the concept was if you paid for part of any travel segment with a chase card you would be covered not that Chase would step in and reimburse for any part of a trip when the Chase card was not used ie. if I booked a Europe trip and charged flight to Chase and booked 20 non refundable  nights on my Hyatt card it is not reasonable or expected that Chase would have to reimburse me for those.

The fact that they seemed to handle the segments using their card certainly is reassuring.

Yes, I agree.  At the time, the form they had us complete wanted all our expenses.  I listed everything with no idea what would be covered ( first insurance claim.) I wasn’t surprised they didn’t cover the hotels.