Direct booking with Seadream versus using a Travel Agent

Posted (edited)

We just booked our first Seadream Cruise and wondered if we should pass on this booking to a travel agent.  Is there an advantage to do so?  
thank you!

Edited by Lindabee5000

• Lindabee5000 changed the title to Direct booking with Seadream versus using a Travel Agent

We always use a travel agent. While the personnel on the ships are always wonderful, dealing with SD main office can be frustrating. When you use a travel agent, you have an advocate on your side. And our travel agent gives us a few perks also.

• Like 1

I agree with Zimmy! I have done it both ways. Usually agents will give you a spa credit (ASK). Also, for as wonderful as the crews are, of office staff  and some of their policies are not! I don't want my vacation tainted by having to deal with them.

• Like 1

I totally understand using a TA from the beginning.  I have problem with individuals that game the system by booking directly and then shopping around/transferring their reservation for the forbidden "R" word.  The more people do this, the higher the chance of cruise lines tightening their policies.

Even when we book onboard, the Club Director credits our TA.  She gets the commission and we get her perks and travel insurance.  We often ask her to book hotels at both ends of the cruise, and it would be awkward to do so when it is obvious there was a cruise in between the two ports.  And as DW Zimmy noted, you always want an advocate on your side in case things go haywire.

• Like 2