Holiday or Inspiration

kycat

Planning a family group cruise for approximately 25 people for May 2005. Many are first time cruisers. Choices are down to Holiday out of Mobile (closer and less expensive) or Inspiration out of Jacksonville for $120 pp more (newer ship but longer drive). Is the Inspiration worth the extra money? Thanks.

Hi, I haven't been on either ship. However, the Inspiration is a little larger and newer so I'd probably pick it. I thought the Inspiration sailed out of Tampa. Are you sure it sails from Jacksonville? Since both ships have different length cruises, were you looking at the 4,5,6 or 7 day?

dolph.gif

Carnival Pride 5/4/02

Carnival Conquest 1/19/03

Carnival Legend 1/16/04

Carnival Destiny 10/24/04

Carnival Valor 10/30/05

florida_fl_md_wht.gif

I haven't been on the Inspiration, but as you can see, I've had three Holiday cruises, all of which were terrific. My son and some friends will be going on the Holiday on his VERY first cruise after she relocates to Mobile - on Mama's recommendation. icon_wink.gif

The Holiday IS my favorite of all the Carnival ships I've sailed on. She was in drydock in December for necessary repairs, plus she now has new bedding, carpeting, etc. in all cabins.

Any specific questions, just ask.

"Laissez les bon temps rouler!"

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Sensation 2004

You're right. My bad. I've been checking several ships and getting facts mixed up. The Inspiration does sail from Tampa, so this would be several hours further drive for us. We are wanting the 5-night.

icon_biggrin.gifSherry! (We were posting at the same time.) What in the world happened on your Holiday cruise that was so bad, girl? I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't like it.

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Sensation 2004

Kycat, if Cotton loves the Holiday, it has my endorsement. Go for it!

dolph.gif

Carnival Pride 5/4/02

Carnival Conquest 1/19/03

Carnival Legend 1/16/04

Carnival Destiny 10/24/04

Carnival Valor 10/30/05

florida_fl_md_wht.gif

I have been on both and the Holiday was nice for an older and smaller ship and was priced right. The food was just as good as any other Carnival Ship but I would pick the Inspiration hands down.

My family took my parents on the Inspiration in December to celebrate their 50th anniversary and it was their first cruise and every family member loved it. It is worth picking the Inspiration just to see the first time cruiser's faces when they enter the Centrum area when you board. You don't get that on the Holiday.

Another consideration is that I noticed more people getting seasick the first night on the Holiday because the Mississippi winds around so much that the ship has more movement.

Well, these are just my opinion and I am sure you will have a wonderful time, whichever ship you use.

Cotten... probably just a bad cruise happens sometimes.. crew members taking up chair space when passenders trying to find places to sit on deck .Rough seas caused things to fly from bar and still they didn't secure them then, was cut by flying glass and coke cans and when everyone screamed and was running out ,got jumped on by security while trying to hold shelf back for security of others.told to sit down and shut up. Guess I just had a bad experience on her . Sherry

Days til Miracle Partae Pirates Cruise from Tampa

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;02;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

partaepiratessmallsmall.gif?mtbrand=AOL_US

Ahhhh, Sherry now I DO remember your comments about your cruise from H*** on the Holiday! icon_eek.gif That really was a bad experience for you. I've been VERY fortunate to have smooth sailing and never encountered the crew acting like that, on any of my Holiay sailings, thank goodness!

Pungo , well aren't you the sweetest one? I try to be honest about all my replies, because I'd hate to steer anybody wrong, y'know? Thx, pal.

Reneeg, first, please turn your 'caps lock' off. Yes, the Holiday is relocating to Mobile, first cruise from there being 10/16. The Sensation will be taking her place in N.O., first cruise (I think) is 10/23. I'll be on her 11/1.

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Sensation 2004

• 5 weeks later...

I organized our 15th year class reunion for 39 people on the holiday. It was everyone's first time cruising, except for three people. We had a great time except it was a little bumpy in the Carribean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico, thank God for the patch behind the ear. The bumpy water was on Friday and Saturday returning to New Orleans but it was okay other than that.

I am a penny pincher and anytime you can save money I would choose that. Think of it this way, your guest would probably thank you for it. we recieved a $25 ship board credit and a free 8X10 portrait of the group.

I love the Holiday, that's my vote.:cool: We did not miss out on quality of service, food, or fun:p

I would say pick Inspiration.....we sailed her in March 02 and had a great time . The service is excellent along with the entertainment. Great food options along with great dining room service! Many outdoor decks for outdoor sitting. Hope this helps! Have a great time:)

We have sailed the Holiday twice and we loved her. Doing the Sensation next year after she moves to New Orleans. We picked these as we can drive down to New Orleans and see the sights before we sail. ;) ;)

I think it is Celebration that will be going out of Jacksonville. We were on Inspiration last year. she is a fanasty class ship and still in very good condition. The ship to me was almost as nice as Miracle-what was better about Miracle was-she has Carnival's best chefs, entertainers, etc. and offfered more choices of live music in the lounges and the fact she had balconies much more reasonable as Inspiration had balconies only in suites.

I am not sure but I believe Celebration is an older ship too like Holiday. I don't necessarily think that is bad; I have been on two really old ships the Tropicale and the old Pacific Princess, had great times on both cruises.

Archived