Cabin Advice Please

ms_golightlySD

We are booked on Celebrity Summit LA to Hawaii (circle cruise). This is our first cruise. We are currently in cabin CC 9181 (aft side). We have an option to change to CC 9183 or 9189 sky deck or Panorama Deck CC 8134. I really don't like the idea of the overhang from deck 10 on sky deck. So, my question for those who are familiar:

1. Has any stayed in CC cabins 9181, 9183 or 9189? If yes, what is your opinion on those particular cabins?

2.When sailing L.A. to Hawaii which side faces the islands port or starboard?

3.Is CC aft sky deck port side more preferable than CC midship panorama deck starboard side?

Our desire is to have a view of the islands and to have sunlight from the veranda.

Thanks for your help!

IMHO, switch cabins - get off Deck 9. Here's why:

9181: Turn it down, because it's 1) a connecting room; 2) overhang on balcony limits sun exposure; 3) high deck; 4) aft.

Cabins 9183 & 9189: Same reasons as 9181.

You don't want the balcony overhang; you don't want to hear the noise from the room next door (see #1); you will feel motion more at a higher deck; and you will feel more motion the further aft you go on a ship.

That said, 8134 is a good cabin because it's 1) NOT a connecting cabin; 2) has no overhang; 3) is one deck lower, which means the motion is a little more stable; and 4) more midship (this is a good thing if you don't know whether you are prone to motion sickness). It has been commonly reported that heading west toward Hawaii can get very rocky.

8134 will also be more quiet, since it is sandwiched between two decks of occupied cabins (meaning no noisy public spaces). If you check the decks plans you will note that there is a public cafe above Deck 9. You could very well hear the sound of scraping chairs in 9181.

Also, I believe starboard is the better side for your itinerary; you will get plenty of exposure to sun, and you should see the islands upon approach.

Well, that's my two cents.:)

Thanks Roxanne

I really needed some advice on that one. Since we have never been on a cruise the message boards have been a good resource. Everyone has had so much to say about sky deck it was really worrying me. Well, I made the move and I got the last CC panorma deck mid ship.

Thanks Again:)

Archived