Past Viking WC itineraries

Diveloonie

I'm curious if its possible to see past Viking WC itineraries somewhere?  Can anyone help?  We are considering a WC, but not super excited about the current itineraries being offered on the Viking WC's.  Just curious for comparisons sake.

If you post over on the Viking Board, several frequent posters have been on one or more of the world cruises, and would likely be very happy to share the specific itineraries with you.  

Viking’s itineraries have been very similar for the last several years, but for 2021-22 WC where they went around South America and this year/next years where they went around Africa to avoid the Red Sea and Suez Canal.  

We were on the 22-23 WC and were the first group to do the original schedule.  The 23-24 cruise started out the same and diverted around Africa.  We are also booked on the 25-26 WC and will be going around Africa rather than hitting the Med.  

Along the way, there are some smaller changes.  We bypassed Myanmar on the 22-23 cruise but still spent that time (I believe we were originally scheduled 3 days in that area) in SE Asia.  We did not dock in Brisbane, but Mooloolaba instead.  The current WC on Viking’s website have the new itinerary, where I think we hit Sri Lanka, and maybe Goa but then press on across the Indian Sea to the Seychelles and Madagascar.  This is instead of going up the coast of India and spending 3 days in Mumbai.  

When we booked 25-26, it would have been the same itinerary that we did in 22-23.  TBH, I’d have been ok with that too as there were definitely places we missed the first time around.  I’m not unhappy with the changes though.

• Like 1