Taxi from Osaka to Nara deer park?

jabrown40

Thinking of DIY Nara and Kyoto, just wondering how much it would be to just take a taxi to Nara?  I'd like to spend part of the day in Nara, then a couple of places in Kyoto before heading back to the ship late in the evening.

3 hours ago, jabrown40 said:

Thinking of DIY Nara and Kyoto, just wondering how much it would be to just take a taxi to Nara?  I'd like to spend part of the day in Nara, then a couple of places in Kyoto before heading back to the ship late in the evening.

From Osaka Tempozan cruise terminal to Kintetsu-Nara by taxi, travel time 50 min, fare about ¥17,000 subject to traffic.

On 8/17/2024 at 6:20 PM, jabrown40 said:

You could certainly try to hire a taxi for the entire day, but it will cost you hundreds of dollars.  On the other hand, one can just take the train to Nara.  Once in Nara, if you do not want to take long walks, you can simply hire a local taxi.  

There are good train connections and once in Nara you can either walk or use the local buses.  We really enjoyed Nara, on our last visit in 2023.

3 hours ago, Hlitner said:

You could certainly try to hire a taxi for the entire day, but it will cost you hundreds of dollars.  On the other hand, one can just take the train to Nara.  Once in Nara, if you do not want to take long walks, you can simply hire a local taxi.  

There are good train connections and once in Nara you can either walk or use the local buses.  We really enjoyed Nara, on our last visit in 2023.

I bought  NARA and Ikaruga 1 day ticket, included Osaka metro & bus, plus Nara bus. I walked off Tempozan cruise terminal at 8:25am, bus to Osakako station, rode the Chuo Line to Ikoma Station, transferred to Kintetsu-Nara Line (next platform) and arrived Kintetsu-Nara Station at 9:40am. Met out guide at 10am, and bus to Kasuganocho to start our tour. After a 6 hours tour, pity stop at  Dotonbori. When returned the ship, we gave the passes to the crews so they can night out in Osaka.

• Thanks 1