E visa for Vietnam

wrk2cruz

Hi all,  we are cruising to Vietnam in December 2024 and just learned we need Visas. I found the website for the e-visa but

Do we need a single entry per person our multiple entries. We will be sailing into 3 ports.

Thanks!!

3 hours ago, wrk2cruz said:

Hi all,  we are cruising to Vietnam in December 2024 and just learned we need Visas. I found the website for the e-visa but

Do we need a single entry per person our multiple entries. We will be sailing into 3 ports.

Thanks!!

Get the single entry if your cruise goes from Vietnamese Port 1 to Vietnamese Port 2 to Vietnamese Port 3 without leaving Vietnam..

You will need a multiple entry visa, if your cruisegoes (for example) to Vietnamese Port 1, Vietnamese Port 2, Non-Vietnamese Port, then back to Vietnam for Vietnamese Port 3.  In this case, you are entering Vietnam multiple times.

You also need to know the name of the Vietnamese Ports as the actual port name is not the same as shown by the cruise line (think Rome / Civitavecchia).

Let me see if I can find the translation list for the most common tourist ports. You will need it for your port of entry and port of leaving.   It's posted in the Vietnam board if I recall.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Tom Crews said:

Navigate Here on CC boards and see posts 55, 78, 141 and keep reading to the end from there

On 8/17/2024 at 1:50 PM, EMS8 said:

wrk2cruz,

Do you have any idea how far the Hard Days Nights hotel is from the cruise port?  That’s where we meet for our Beatles tour.  

44 minutes ago, Tom Crews said:

Get the single entry if your cruise goes from Vietnamese Port 1 to Vietnamese Port 2 to Vietnamese Port 3 without leaving Vietnam..

You will need a multiple entry visa, if your cruisegoes (for example) to Vietnamese Port 1, Vietnamese Port 2, Non-Vietnamese Port, then back to Vietnam for Vietnamese Port 3.  In this case, you are entering Vietnam multiple times.

You also need to know the name of the Vietnamese Ports as the actual port name is not the same as shown by the cruise line (think Rome / Civitavecchia).

Let me see if I can find the translation list for the most common tourist ports. You will need it for your port of entry and port of leaving.   It's posted in the Vietnam board if I recall.

Thank you so much!!!!

Posted (edited)

Our Mekong cruise resembles the one that Tom Crews describes in his second example— several days in Vietnamese ports, two days in Cambodian ports, and then several days in Vietnamese ports to finish off. 

As Tom advised above and as our cruise company confirmed, we will need to apply for a multi-entry visa.  

We were also told that when filling out the multi-entry visa application, we only need to include the initial point of entry and the final point of departure from the country. Which in our case would be the airports in Hanoi and HCM City. 

Edited by Mrs. Claypool

On 8/19/2024 at 10:47 PM, Mrs. Claypool said:

Our Mekong cruise resembles the one that Tom Crews describes in his second example— several days in Vietnamese ports, two days in Cambodian ports, and then several days in Vietnamese ports to finish off. 

As Tom advised above and as our cruise company confirmed, we will need to apply for a multi-entry visa.  

We were also told that when filling out the multi-entry visa application, we only need to include the initial point of entry and the final point of departure from the country. Which in our case would be the airports in Hanoi and HCM City. 

On 8/19/2024 at 10:47 PM, Mrs. Claypool said:

Our trip does not go to any other countries in-between the Vietnamese ports, just a day at sea separates them. Does a sea day count as a country?? Wish Celebrity was more transparent with their answers. 

We are sailing on the Celebrity Millenium in October from Tokyo to Singapore.  We are making one stop in Vietnam, the port of Chan May for Danang and Hue.

I applied for e-Visas from the Vietnam Immigration Dept (immigration.gov.vn) which I was told to do by our travel agent. I received an email back that my application was denied since I did not supply a specific address in Vietnam, which I listed as the Celebrity Millenium.  We do not have an address in Vietnam; we will be on the cruise ship except for a one-day excursion!

I emailed them back to ask what to put down but have not heard back yet.  Does anyone know the answer to this?  Thanks in advance!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, stevegee8 said:

I applied for e-Visas from the Vietnam Immigration Dept (immigration.gov.vn) which I was told to do by our travel agent.

My advice....

Ask your TA to reach out to Celebrity and find out if Celebrity is handling visas for all passengers.....

We are sailing Carnival and Carnival sent us a nice email letting us know way early that they would be handling our VISAs and they would charge us....I forget the fee but it was not much and well worth them being responsible rather than me.

If Walmart/Carnival can handle the Vietnam Visas for all, I'm thinking that the great Nordstrom/Celebrity should be able to handle Vietnam Visas for its passengers.

Good luck and let your TA earn their commission by finding out for you.

Enjoy Vietnam....

Edited by FlaMariner

2 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

My advice....

Ask your TA to reach out to Celebrity and find out if Celebrity is handling visas for all passengers.....

We are sailing Carnival and Carnival sent us a nice email letting us know way early that they would be handling our VISAs and they would charge us....I forget the fee but it was not much and well worth them being responsible rather than me.

If Walmart/Carnival can handle the Vietnam Visas for all, I'm thinking that the great Nordstrom/Celebrity should be able to handle Vietnam Visas for its passengers.

Good luck and let your TA earn their commission by finding out for you.

Enjoy Vietnam....

Nevermind....I just read the other post on this topic and it does look like Celebrity is not helping with Vietnam Visas......I'm feeling lucky for once that I shop at Walmart.  LOL. 

1 hour ago, FlaMariner said:

Nevermind....I just read the other post on this topic and it does look like Celebrity is not helping with Vietnam Visas......I'm feeling lucky for once that I shop at Walmart.  LOL. 

Thanks!!! Our TA (Celebrity) told me that we were on our own....yep, walmart is a good place to shop. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, stevegee8 said:

We are sailing on the Celebrity Millenium in October from Tokyo to Singapore.  We are making one stop in Vietnam, the port of Chan May for Danang and Hue.

I applied for e-Visas from the Vietnam Immigration Dept (immigration.gov.vn) which I was told to do by our travel agent. I received an email back that my application was denied since I did not supply a specific address in Vietnam, which I listed as the Celebrity Millenium.  We do not have an address in Vietnam; we will be on the cruise ship except for a one-day excursion!

I emailed them back to ask what to put down but have not heard back yet.  Does anyone know the answer to this?  Thanks in advance!

You apply the online Vietnam eVISA, USD25/pp 

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/khai-thi-thuc-dien-tu/cap-thi-thuc-dien-tu

Also this thread  and the Celebrity Millennium - October 18-29, 2024 - Northeast Asia Cruise roll call  had Vietnam eVISA discussion.