FTTF- Dining Reservations?

I've never understood this "perk", could someone please explain?

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations (excluding Your Time Dining)

If it excludes YTD and the other two are assigned dining times, what priority reservation are you getting? When I book Specialty Restaurants I see a list of available times, nothing about priority, so what is the benefit there?

It means you get priority when requesting that you want a specific dining time. There are (for example, made up number) 200 seats for the 8:15 dining. If you request the 200th spot and a first-time cruiser requests that spot, you are the one who would get it and not them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PayneAS said:

It means you get priority when requesting that you want a specific dining time. There are (for example, made up number) 200 seats for the 8:15 dining. If you request the 200th spot and a first-time cruiser requests that spot, you are the one who would get it and not them. 

Thank you! Makes perfect sense to me now. 🤦‍♀️

When we booked in June, for the cruise that leaves next weekend, we were only able to select YTD as the assigned times were understandably waitlisted this close to sailing. Last week, I was able to get an FTTF, and I was immediately able to select the early dining time, which I did. Haven't looked at  specialty dining as I'm unsure with our Bermuda itinerary whether we will even eat on the ship

• Thanks 2