Overnight in Livorno with NCL Breakaway 2025

Next year I will be on the NCL Breakaway and it will be stopping at Livorno. This will be a overnight port. Question regarding transportation and busses. Did they have a specific time the busses stop running if it is an overnight. For example I go to Florence day 1 and I finish around 7pm. Will busses still be running from the station back or do I need a taxi? I want to know cause I plan on being in this port on my own and not through excursion. If there is a stop time the busses run I can determine best option for me.

We'll be on the Breakaway in May 2025 with an overnight in Livorno as well. For the first day we've booked the 'Florence and Pisa On Your Own' excursion. The excursion goes to Pisa first, and then onto Florence. The description says it's about 3.5 hours in Florence, so we're thinking if we want to stay longer in Florence, we'll go back to the meeting place at the allotted time to advise that we're staying longer, and then just take a taxi back to Livorno.  

The shuttle buses stop running at a certain time. I don't know what time that is. I'd guess somewhere between 8-10 pm.

And FWIW, there was no shuttle to the station when I was there last year, Nor when my daughter was there this summer. Or rather, if there was one, she wasn't aware of it. The shuttle stopped by a square well over a mile from the station if I recall correctly.

And to add: I actually booked a cheap(ish) room in Florence for the overnight I will have there next year. I'm not a 100% sure I will stay there, but I want to keep that as an option for now anyway.

Same cruise? Breakaway, March 28.

8 hours ago, kapper said:

We'll be on the Breakaway in May 2025 with an overnight in Livorno as well. For the first day we've booked the 'Florence and Pisa On Your Own' excursion. The excursion goes to Pisa first, and then onto Florence. The description says it's about 3.5 hours in Florence, so we're thinking if we want to stay longer in Florence, we'll go back to the meeting place at the allotted time to advise that we're staying longer, and then just take a taxi back to Livorno.  

You're going to take a 90 minute cab ride back to Livorno? Might be cheaper to get a hotel room, enjoy breakfast in Florence and take the train back. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

You're going to take a 90 minute cab ride back to Livorno? Might be cheaper to get a hotel room, enjoy breakfast in Florence and take the train back. 

That’s an option too, but I think we would prefer to go back to the ship. 

18 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

I am not planning on doing that. Was thinking train back to livorno and then cab or bus. However hotel seems to be likely