Cozumel Tendering & Pier Question ???

number8

I know you have to get tendered into Cozumel. My question is, what pier do they tender you to ?? Do all the ships in Cozumel that day get tendered to the same pier ?? Just trying to do some early planning for our day in Cozumel and just want to see if we'll be needing cabs to get downtown and back. If they tender you to Punta Langosta Pier we won't need any cabs. Any info would be helpful . Thanks.....

When we were there a couple weeks ago our Royal Caribbean ship tendered into the main downtown pier. This is the one normally just used by the Playa del Carmen ferry. Carnival, however, was tendering people to the far south pier. This is the one where they normally dock their ships and requires a taxi to get back into the shopping district. No ships were tendering into Punta Langosta pier which is still damaged. The main downtown pier is a short walk north of Punta Langosta.

BobK/Orlando

I was on the Conquest two weeks ago and we tendered right in town. It was almost in front of the Hard Rock Cafe Store. They announced on the ship that if a taxi driver offered to take you to town to say "no" because you already were in town.

Has something changed? we pulled into port 2 years ago, no tendering.

Hurricane Wilma last Oct. (I think...not sure of exact dates) damaged island structures and essentially destroyed most of the piers. Ships weren't going back there until mid to late November. I don't think Chankanaab park has reopened yet and in January, there was obvious damage to some buildings and the vegetation was pretty affected.

Here's a picture of Puerta Maya pier in January.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/547411498/2452871960067240360fbWIai

Archived