ETA/visa for Australia & New Zealand

We are going on a cruise with Holland America on Westerdam in January and February 2025.  It appears we qualify for using the ETA pass for both countries.  The question is: Only my husband has a cell phone.  Can you get separate ETA documents for each of us on a single cell phone.  If so, How?

2 hours ago, senorjim said:

Yes, Download the app for each country and you can both be on the same app. We have done it.

Jim

Same did both the wife and mine on sane phone.

Just as a side note, once granted it will be linked to your passport, we did not need to show anything at customs and immigration.

We did print out our confirmations(as a precaution and for peace of mind).

• Like 1

We just did ours yesterday with both of us on one phone and using one application.  Multiple people can be on the same application.

It was posted on our roll call that the prices for New Zealand will double on October 1, so I did it right away.  Got the visas approved the same day.

Edited by isosika
Additional information

One of the countries, don't remember which one, requires your phone to have NFC support to electronically read your passport.  Only my phone had that, my wife's does not, so we used my phone for both of us.  No problem at all.

In my experience the ETA is only to get money out of you, nobody in either country cares or asks when you are boarding and debarking in their country. When you do the initial embark the cruiseline will just ask to see that you have done it, just showing a screenshot on your phone or a printout will more than suffice.

The NZ app can be a real pain to work with. If it works for you fantastic but if it doesn’t don’t worry, just use your browser and don’t bother with the app. If you don’t get confirmation right away (I don’t mean approval, just confirmation it went through) just wait. It can take hours but the actual approval is very quick after that. The Australian system works much smoother. 

1 hour ago, tigervixxxen said:

In my experience the ETA is only to get money out of you, nobody in either country cares or asks when you are boarding and debarking in their country. When you do the initial embark the cruiseline will just ask to see that you have done it, just showing a screenshot on your phone or a printout will more than suffice.

The NZ app can be a real pain to work with. If it works for you fantastic but if it doesn’t don’t worry, just use your browser and don’t bother with the app. If you don’t get confirmation right away (I don’t mean approval, just confirmation it went through) just wait. It can take hours but the actual approval is very quick after that. The Australian system works much smoother. 

These countries are charging people in order in order to support infrastructure in these countries.  Local residents receive no benefit from having the masses of people from the cruise ships.  Lots of local populations are fighting against cruise ships, Amsterdam, Juneau, Bora Bora, Santa Barbara, Key West, Barcelona etc.