LeBistro closed for entire Encore sailing due to private event

2 minutes ago, commodoredave said:

You have made a giant assumption that this type of language can and will survive a legal challenge and/or PR assault. Just ask Disney Inc. about that, and read my last post about Silversea. Courts have a history of disallowing contracts that are one sided. 

Until a court rules otherwise, the language stands.  

BTW, this language is far more likely to withstand a challenge than the language you proposed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RocketMan275 said:

Until a court rules otherwise, the language stands.  

BTW, this language is far more likely to withstand a challenge than the language you proposed.

You like to make assumptions. I have not provided legal language for their contract. I would have to charge for that!! 
I will note that NCL is smart enough to offer a goodwill gesture over relying on that language. I guess at least they understand the importance of principle, unlike Silversea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Once again, you need to read the cruise contract which states in part:

"2. The Contract: The Guest agrees that this Contract governs the relationship between the Guest and the Carrier, regardless of the Guest's age, whether the Guest purchased the ticket on his or her own behalf, and/or whether the ticket has been held and/or presented by another person on behalf of the Guest. The Guest agrees that, except as expressly provided herein, this Contract constitutes the entire agreement between the Guest and Carrier, and shall supersede and exclude any prior representations that may have been made in relation to the cruise to the Guest or anyone representing him/her by anyone, including but not limited to anything stated in the Carrier's brochures, advertisements, and other promotional materials, by Norwegian Cruise Line or NCL America employees or by third persons such as travel agents. ..."

I underlined the part of the contract which completely negates your claim that this is 'false advertising, etc.'

One goes to a cruise to relax and enjoy, not to try to learn/figure out lawyer's vague illusive à la-makler language.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, commodoredave said:

You like to make assumptions. I have not provided legal language for their contract. I would have to charge for that!! 
I will note that NCL is smart enough to offer a goodwill gesture over relying on that language. I guess at least they understand the importance of principle, unlike Silversea.

When someone claims it's not about money, it's about principle, one can be sure it is about money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, commodoredave said:

Talking about reputational and legal risk, there is an interesting thread on the Silversea board called Silversea Shenanigans Onboard Silver Muse.

The OP has now taken the cruise line to arbitration over an upgraded brand of champagne that she did not receive but was apparently entitled to. The dispute is really over principle, and not the $10 difference in the 2 types of champagne. Now, if Silversea had handled the matter in a more customer friendly way, it could have avoided some reputational damage and legal costs. Never mind the many hours of labour invested in it. 

The outcome will be interesting.

This is the most absurd thing I’ve ever read on CruiseCritic 🤣 Thank you, I needed the laugh today. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, sansroof said:

This is the most absurd thing I’ve ever read on CruiseCritic 🤣 Thank you, I needed the laugh today. 

People sure like to arbitrate really stupid things.... somehow I don't think the legal costs are worth the $10 price difference. And I am not sure what point posting this story was supposed to make.... but hearing about this story doesn't hurt the company's reputation with me....  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JSar said:

People sure like to arbitrate really stupid things.... somehow I don't think the legal costs are worth the $10 price difference. And I am not sure what point posting this story was supposed to make.... but hearing about this story doesn't hurt the company's reputation with me....  

If it were true (which it isn't), would there be any legal fees?  Isn't arbitration generally a process where the parties make their case without formal legal actions?  I'm asking because I know absolutely zero about arbitration.  

15 minutes ago, JSar said:

Well, you missed the point and clearly did not read the entire thread or you would understand it had nothing to do with $10. In terms of responses, it was 50/50 for and against. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

If it were true (which it isn't), would there be any legal fees?  Isn't arbitration generally a process where the parties make their case without formal legal actions?  I'm asking because I know absolutely zero about arbitration.  

I won't guess whether this nonsense is true or not.... people due like to sue over stupid stuff all the time, nothing surprises me anymore. That said - arbitrator services aren't free. They need to get paid by SOMEONE. And I don't know what lawyer would take on a case over something so stupid and work for a percentage of whatever might be won in a case so stupid... so one would have to assume the person making the case is paying for arbitration. That is... if the story is true. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

How do you know it isn’t true? The OP now runs a travel agency and you can contact her directly for more insight to verify she exists and to confirm she believes what she is saying. It might be an exaggeration, but it does appear to be legit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, commodoredave said:

Well, you missed the point and clearly did not read the entire thread or you would understand it had nothing to do with $10. In terms of responses, it was 50/50 for and against. 

LMAO... why would I waste my time reading the entire thread....  and if people want to get worked up over $10 measly dollars in claim it is about something else like customer service... then be my guest!

No... I didn't miss the point... I just have a VERY different view than you on all of this....

I thought you were going to move along and let things be.... time to unfollow this thread... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JSar said:

I won't guess whether this nonsense is true or not.... people due like to sue over stupid stuff all the time, nothing surprises me anymore. That said - arbitrator services aren't free. They need to get paid by SOMEONE. And I don't know what lawyer would take on a case over something so stupid and work for a percentage of whatever might be won in a case so stupid... so one would have to assume the person making the case is paying for arbitration. That is... if the story is true. 

You need to read the entire thread to have an informed opinion. The woman was previously a lawyer and admitted she has the advantage of handling her own arbitration case. Not something most people can do, but some can.

• Haha 3

Just now, JSar said:

LMAO... why would I waste my time reading the entire thread....  and if people want to get worked up over $10 measly dollars in claim it is about something else like customer service... then be my guest!

No... I didn't miss the point... I just have a VERY different view than you on all of this....

I thought you were going to move along and let things be.... time to unfollow this thread... 

i was until you posted inaccurate and misleading information.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, commodoredave said:

How do you know it isn’t true? The OP now runs a travel agency and you can contact her directly for more insight to verify she exists and to confirm she believes what she is saying. It might be an exaggeration, but it does appear to be legit.

So I can contact a person who made up a story and ask if the story is true?  What am I missing here.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, commodoredave said:

I’ll do your research for you. Here is the veteran you are shamelessly dissing:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/taylornmattson

Thanks for the effort, but apparently, I would need a linkedin account to see this.  It wouldn't make any difference.  If something I read on the internet seems silly, I just assume it is false and move on.  What have I got to lose?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Thanks for the effort, but apparently, I would need a linkedin account to see this.  It wouldn't make any difference.  If something I read on the internet seems silly, I just assume it is false and move on.  What have I got to lose?

Your self-respect.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, commodoredave said:

Your self-respect.

Wow.  Didn't see that one coming....  I can't respect myself for ignoring stuff on the internet?  That's a new one!  I would expect it to be the exact opposite in most of our worlds.🤔

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Wow.  Didn't see that one coming....  I can't respect myself for ignoring stuff on the internet?  That's a new one!  I would expect it to be the exact opposite in most of our worlds.🤔

Calling someone a liar, especially a veteran, and then gleefully admitting you can’t even bother to look into the issue when it is so easy to do so, says a lot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, commodoredave said:

Calling someone a liar, especially a veteran, and then gleefully admitting you can’t even bother to look into the issue when it is so easy to do so, says a lot.

What on God's green earth does being a veteran have to do with whining about wine? (see what I did there? 🤣)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, commodoredave said:

Talking about reputational and legal risk, there is an interesting thread on the Silversea board called Silversea Shenanigans Onboard Silver Muse.

The OP has now taken the cruise line to arbitration over an upgraded brand of champagne that she did not receive but was apparently entitled to. The dispute is really over principle, and not the $10 difference in the 2 types of champagne. Now, if Silversea had handled the matter in a more customer friendly way, it could have avoided some reputational damage and legal costs. Never mind the many hours of labour invested in it. 

The outcome will be interesting.

Just to clarify, is this what you're still talking about or some other silly thread?  I'm honestly having trouble keeping up.  Probably not really putting in that effort you referred to.