Using the spa

breadandbutter

23 hours ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

No they are limited to those hours unless you have a very overpriced treatment 

Yes, I saw the ridiculous prices.

I'm hoping I  can book a cheaper treatment like a manicure, so then I can hopefully use the facilites. Fingers crossed.

What are the hours of the spa facilities? Different on sea days? is that the hydotherpy pool, steam rooms, sauna.? Are there showers locker room there as well?

5 hours ago, wcGma said:

What are the hours of the spa facilities? Different on sea days? is that the hydotherpy pool, steam rooms, sauna.? Are there showers locker room there as well?

All these answers can be found on their website 

Edited by CruiseCrew123

On 9/8/2024 at 7:45 PM, wcGma said:

Hours were same each day. Yes pool, steam, sauna. It's nice but not as nice as you expect from the pictures (IMHO). Spa is often empty due to low ship occupancy. There are showers in the locker rooms.

One trick: on the sea day if you get in there in the morning, they didn't in my experience, ask you to leave. So if it was open 8a-10am for non-spa appointment guests (thereabouts), you could arrive at 9:45 and stay for an hour. 

4 hours ago, Khareef said:

A cold water pool after the sauna is very much missing imho

It's actually kind of dingy space. Very dark and somewhat claustrophobic. Maze of corridors to get back to main area. Strange outdoor area that nobody ever uses. NOT one of my top spas and I love the thermal suite/Spa. Celebrity, NCL, Viking, MSC, even Holland America have nicer thermal areas IMHO. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cody-wody said:

It's actually kind of dingy space. Very dark and somewhat claustrophobic. Maze of corridors to get back to main area. Strange outdoor area that nobody ever uses. NOT one of my top spas and I love the thermal suite/Spa. Celebrity, NCL, Viking, MSC, even Holland America have nicer thermal areas IMHO. 

And yet none of those are included in your fare.

4 minutes ago, chefchick said:

And yet none of those are included in your fare.

Uh not true. Spa thermal use included on Viking. Included in fare with various cabin types (Aquaclass, Spa Class, Yacht Club) on other lines (at typically lower fares than Explora). 

7 minutes ago, Cody-wody said:

Uh not true. Spa thermal use included on Viking. Included in fare with various cabin types (Aquaclass, Spa Class, Yacht Club) on other lines (at typically lower fares than Explora). 

I stand corrected.  It seems by your many postings that you did not enjoy your Explora cruise and that is unfortunate.  It’s great that there are so many other lines out there for you to enjoy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chefchick said:

I stand corrected.  It seems by your many postings that you did not enjoy your Explora cruise and that is unfortunate.  It’s great that there are so many other lines out there for you to enjoy.

I’m pretty sure I wrote that we *did* enjoy it. Please see first post. But it was a one-and-done for us. 

6 hours ago, Cody-wody said:

!!!

Dingy is NOT a word I would use .... my only complaint was that I thought that the jets/spouts in the pool were in the "wrong" location!

I will not dispute that the clear winner is/are the spas on the "away" class ships on NCL.

But Celebrity? The only therapy pools are on the ready-for-the-scrapyard Millennium class ships and Viking was no better or worse than E. MSC? Now THAT was "yucky"...

We will have to agree to disagree!