New to Celebrity--Is Cabin Worth Money

CruisePrincess6

This is the first time that we are sailing Celebrity. Cruised Princess many times. We are booked for the August 26 Baltic cruise in cabin 9074 cc class. Does anyone know anything about this cabin and is it worth the money? We are doing a 3 day stay in London through the ship so that it will be easier to get from the airport to the hotel and then to the pier in Dover. I plan on booking with British Airways on my own and buying transfers after the cruise. Would appreciate any feedback before I finalize

these plans.

Your question is very vague. We don't know price vs what you would be comparing it to. Worth it in what way? $$$ or experience. There are so many levels.

It is a good cabin 191 sqft with Concierge Class amenities. If you don't think the amenities and extra 20 sqft are worth the upgrade from a 2A don't do it.

We sailed on Millennium (a sister ship to Constellation) last Sept. in a Concierge Class cabin & it was wonderful. It was on deck 8 though, so can't comment (based on experience) on deck 9. There is an overhang which might shade your verandah, and it looks like the pool is right above you. I would probably choose deck 7 Vista or 8 Panorama because I like to be located between two decks of cabins.

Not sure how much extra concierge class is over a regular verandah, but the extra amenities are very nice, plus it is a slightly larger cabin. To me it would be worth a couple of hundred dollars extra pp max.

This is a list of the extras that you will receive:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/cabinclass/cabintype/home.do;jsessionid=0000nTcR7RWlCWwOrn_FhNymTzI:1051tg5ge;jsessionid=00002bfGu0uBjpT3pwU1WyaAC-z:1051tg34t?br=C&cabinType=CC&cabincls=B&shipCode=CS

This is a picture of Constellation where you can see how deck 10 juts out over deck 9. http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/Celebrity-Constellation.html#anchor10002

It's a great itinerary and if Constellation is as nice as Millennium, I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to book this cruise.

If you can afford it why not? Everyone is treated well on a cruise and you really just sleep in the cabin and spend a little time on the veranda. I go for a standard veranda saving the money to put to other uses.

Hi,

The much maligned overhang actually works very well for us. Maybe it would for you, too.

We're not inclined to lay out in the sun, so we don't mind the shade at all. In fact, there have been many times when it was warm, but rainy, and we could still enjoy being out on our veranda.

For us, the only negative about the overhang have been rare times when it might have been fun to look upward from the veranda -- i.e., sailing under the Golden Gate, looking at the Alaskan fjords.

We also enjoy the Concierge amenities and the slightly larger cabin that deck 9 affords.

Have a marvelous cruise!!

CM

We also enjoy the Concierge amenities and the slightly larger cabin that deck 9 affords.

We had the larger cabin on deck 8 CC on Millennium, so assume that Constellation would also have them ?

Cruise Princess - since there are still CC cabins available on lower decks, why not look at deck 7?

We were in cabin # 9025 on the Summit in 2002 and at that time it was a catagory 1-A. Concierge class was incorporated later that year. Since then we have been in a 2-C also on Summit and I didn't notice that much difference in the space or the veranda. If I was going to spend a few extra $$$ I would pop for a suite since CC is essentially the same cabin w/window dressing. Your robe says "concierge class" and frankly I think CC is more for snob value than getting any real value for your extra money.

We have chosen a 2B cabin on this cruise. This itenerary is port intensive and would rather spend the extra dollars on shore excursions.

We have previously sailed CC class for 3 cruises. I don't know how 2B will compare, but I did like the flowers in CC. We didn't eat the afternoon canape's.

I'm sure this will be a wonderful cruise!

Hello all,

My husband and I are experienced cruisers, booked on the Galaxy's 12/1/06 Transatlantic Rome-to-San Juan in a CC cabin; we also still have the option to switch to a regular balcony cabin.

We've been on the Summit and always get a balcony cabin; we actually do use the room to relax and having the balcony lets us be outside without going out on deck. My question is this: Has anyone booked a CC cabin on Galaxy? What did you think? Any photos? I've looked on CruiseWeb and all the cruise photo websites for pictures and no luck. Thanks for any feedback here.

Archived