Any solo cruisers back with Loyalty Accelerator Promotion…

sboh

I’m sailing in October and I’ve called Princess and tried chat and have gotten conflicting information. (I did try cvp, both email and voice message, but have not heard back.) I don’t usually buy a package because I do not drink but it might be worthwhile for extra credits. I’m currently Platinum.

13 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Yes.  2 and a separate line for two more.  Total of 4 for a solo cruise.  Just completed two weeks ago.  It took a few days extra for the extra 2 to show up.

That’s really great news. I spoke with my CVP who told me (very early on) that he’d raised the issue in a team meeting and confirmed that solos would receive 4 credits. But it’s nice to see it actually happening. I’m sailing in October, too!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Need-a-vacation said:

Can someone explain this promotion and how to get it? I'm booked solo in 2 weeks.

Basically you have to add the Plus or Premier package to your booking at least two days before sailing. 

1 hour ago, Need-a-vacation said:

So is it the norm to get 2 credits for a solo booking, and this promo doubles it?

Yes solo booking normally gets 2 credits. I think they give 2 because we pay 2 cruise fares per cabin. Nice benefit and even nicer under this promotion.

Edited by sboh

Need-a-vacation,

That is the way I read it. Gold is1 and platinum is 5 cruises completed. You have one completed and your 4 day cruise if you paid the single traveller supplement would count as four cruises completed. That would bump you into platinum on your next cruise. The one thing is you have to book the package at least 2 days before you sail.

3 Princess Captain’s Circle double cruise credits are eligible for booking and sailing in a full suite (mini­suites excluded) or sailing at the exclusive  occupancy fare. Cruises only, and not cruise days are doubled. The exclusive occupancy fare is for solo guests occupying a stateroom alone and who paid the single traveller supplement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If anyone lives anywhere near the West coast, the easiest way to get higher level as a solo is just do short Pacific coastal cruises. Princess has a huge Alaska fleet, and most go to SF or LA before and after the season, and some do 2-3 night cruises between Vancouver and Seattle to line up Alaska schedules. You get double cruise credits, so 8 short cruises will get you to Elite, and 3 will get you Platinum, which it's possible to get to Elite with under 30 days of sailing. They also have the best deals now, especially compared to current very high fares for solos and very few single supplement reductions. So in a few weeks I'm going solo on Grand for $340 and then they have Majestic doing 2 nights for $215. Once I got to Elite I also found I get a lot of upgrades on coastal cruises, and with the half-off internet and minibar and military/shareholder OBC, I have no need to pay for Plus. I also found that the front desk will always give me laundry room tokens instead of sending out my clothes to be laundered, which I like. Another benefit I found of the coastal cruises is that when ships return from Australia, they usually have a good selection of Aussie beers they're trying to unload, so I've used OBC to do beer sampling. The drawback of short cruises with Elite in can be challenging to get through my minibar in a few days, although I usually bring home a lot of minibottles. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Need-a-vacation said:

@cruisepest thank you for digging that up. 

I'm not sure if I paid a single supplement. I booked a room as 1 guest.  I paid more than I would have paid per person sharing the room, but there is no line item specifying a single supplement.  I'm pretty sure I didn't pay double. 

It doesn’t show up as a single supplement on your bill, the cruise fare is just double what one person in a couple would pay, minus port fees. Solo travelers pay both cruise fares but only one port fee.