Did my first MSC Cruise on Seashore, I'm curious what peoples love from them in general

Rotnam

1 hour ago, MonsterJoe said:

The biggest gap in service I have experienced outside of YC is the dinner service. So much so that I am giving it one night on my April Meraviglia cruise in steerage. If it's not good, I will avoid it.  I mostly mean the servers. I don't want to wait 20 minutes for a glass of wine or have no one check in on me that the food is palatable. I don't want to feel overly rushed or that I am an encumbrance....basic requirements I have for dining on land.

I'm with you on this. But if it's not the MDR, it's the buffet, and the buffett is crazy. I know people say the service is European. Nowhere in Europe have my servers failed to show up. They don't hover, but they generally show up and bring me my food.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kad56 said:

I'm with you on this. But if it's not the MDR, it's the buffet, and the buffett is crazy. I know people say the service is European. Nowhere in Europe have my servers failed to show up. They don't hover, but they generally show up and bring me my food.

I've found if you go when it's not crazy it's very enjoyable - otherwise it makes you want to jump overboard.

I am Diamond, so I've got at least one meal not either of those two, otherwise I am normally of the opinion that I am not paying extra money for different food on a cruise, since it's already part of my fare.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, MonsterJoe said:

I've found if you go when it's not crazy it's very enjoyable - otherwise it makes you want to jump overboard.

I am Diamond, so I've got at least one meal not either of those two, otherwise I am normally of the opinion that I am not paying extra money for different food on a cruise, since it's already part of my fare.

That's true. And the pizza is excellent. Like I won't eat pizza on any other cruise line now because it's just a waste. I do need to remember to add some side veggies to my pizza meals though....

Agree on the diamond benefit. I usually don't pay extra for food on cruises either, but I'm really looking forward to my next specialty meal on MSC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mark46 said:

With regard to price, there are those traveling for $55 a night on our next MSC 7-day cruise.  If Carnaval and NCL have better prices and experiences, by all means choose them.

must be off season and/or comped. I haven't see prices like these in many years....

Our MSC Seascape cruise was $109 pppn (not including gratuities), and there were 3 of us.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

4 hours ago, mark46 said:

😞 It took me less than 10 keystrokes.  

.Find Florida October 2024 Cruises to Mexico (with Prices) - Cruise Critic

yeap, like I said - off season. We can't just go and sail any time in the middle of a school year and at the last minute. Our cruises have to be planned a bit more in advance, and we have to fly to the port. If we buy a super cheap cruise at the last minute, we will pay the difference for the airline tickets. If you look at MSC cruises for October 2025 instead, you will not see $50 pppn prices. 

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

6 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

yeap, like I said - off season. We can't just go and sail any time in the middle of a school year. And right there with all the hurricanes. 

Hear that. It would fabulous though. Oldest is 20....but wait ..the youngest is nearly two...we've got a ways to go before we can reap those discounts

• Like 1

On 9/20/2024 at 9:18 PM, MonsterJoe said:

Hear that. It would fabulous though. Oldest is 20....but wait ..the youngest is nearly two...we've got a ways to go before we can reap those discounts

The past two years and this upcoming December, we have given up and just taken our kid out of school for the week, Grades 5-7.  We always inform the teacher well in advance, and if they have any work they want done, we ask them to let us know and we will be more than happy to make sure he does it. They have yet to do that, and just tell us to make sure he is having a good time and learning something new about a new place or culture. This will be the last  time we do it, as 8th grade attendance is a little more mandatory and then high school. So IF you are willing to do it, a school year cruise is definitely way more affordable, and there are always kids- just not nearly as many, which is usually perfect! 

On 9/17/2024 at 10:33 AM, riredsox said:

I think once any ship from any line starts doing the 3 and 4 day cruises the downfall begins.

We have read similar accounts. The most recent from fellow cruisers we met on Explora and then again last month on Seascape. They just posted that this trip on the Seashore in the Yacht Club while on the One Pool Deck they had a fan stolen off their lounger. We both agree it is the caliber of cruiser attracted to these 3 &4 night cruises.