Progreso/Merida

trvljill

I am trying to decide what to do with our group at this port, I have heard Merida is a lovely city, and I was wondering how people toured it, is there a bus that goes there, or did they hire a guide to take them there,about how much does that cost, we have a group of 8, or I was thinking of just doing the beaches in Progreso if they were nice enough, or maybe a little of both, we're in port from 8am-4pm, I was wondering how long most people spent in Merida just for touring or walking the city and getting lunch, thanks for the help!

trvl. I've had two portcalls at Progreso and both times went to Merida. There was plenty of beach time at other ports and I longed for something different. After two portcalls, decided I needed more time to explore so I made an eight day land trip last Oct. Merida is a fantastic city. Large, clean, safe and a very romantic city. The people are very proud and appreciative of their history and culture. Can't wait to go back, maybe in Jan, for a couple of weeks next time. Feel free to email me for pics and more information. Only too glad to share. hdawson228@aol.com

Merida is not at all like Cancun, Cozumel or any other of the overtouristed cities. It's Mexico at it finest.

Merida is a beautiful city. My daughter spend two winters there as an exchange student and she loves it. We even got to meet her host family on our Pride cruise.

Miracle 12/04

Imagination 04/04

Legend 12/03

Imagination 03/03

Pride 07/02

Inspiration 08/01

Paradise 12/00

Holiday Summer 87

Big Red Boat(Royale)Summer 86

Archived