GTY Cabin notification.

mklions

Dear shipmates,

We are sailing on Jupiter next month on the 18th October, ( Barcelona to Buenos Aires ) and have booked direct with Viking a PH suite on a guarantee cabin.

My question is when are we likely to be notified of which cabin Viking have assigned for us, will it be on the day of embarkation? or a few days before?

It would be nice to know in advance

Thanks!

3 hours ago, mklions said:

Dear shipmates,

We are sailing on Jupiter next month on the 18th October, ( Barcelona to Buenos Aires ) and have booked direct with Viking a PH suite on a guarantee cabin.

My question is when are we likely to be notified of which cabin Viking have assigned for us, will it be on the day of embarkation? or a few days before?

It would be nice to know in advance

Thanks!

I saw your post in another thread and was surprised you only have a GTY cabin when this ship is not full. You say here you have a “PH” cabin but I think you mean “PV.” I checked the website and there is still availability for PV1, and “limited availability” for PV2. PV3 is sold out.

If it was me, I’d call Viking and ask about your cabin assignment. We had a GTY once on a PV, but it was when all categories were sold out. After calling them twice, we were given our cabin assignment about two weeks out.

Now, maybe you’re wanting to see if they will upgrade you, or maybe your GTY is for the sold out PV3 category. If the latter, you likely will be upgraded to a PV2 or PV1 if you sit tight and wait it out. Since there’s now a promo sale for this cruise, they may sell out all PV categories—in which case you may be upgraded to a higher category (I actually forget if there’s still higher availability).

Anyway, I’d call if I wanted surety in advance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LindaS272 said:

I saw your post in another thread and was surprised you only have a GTY cabin when this ship is not full. You say here you have a “PH” cabin but I think you mean “PV.” I checked the website and there is still availability for PV1, and “limited availability” for PV2. PV3 is sold out.

If it was me, I’d call Viking and ask about your cabin assignment. We had a GTY once on a PV, but it was when all categories were sold out. After calling them twice, we were given our cabin assignment about two weeks out.

Now, maybe you’re wanting to see if they will upgrade you, or maybe your GTY is for the sold out PV3 category. If the latter, you likely will be upgraded to a PV2 or PV1 if you sit tight and wait it out. Since there’s now a promo sale for this cruise, they may sell out all PV categories—in which case you may be upgraded to a higher category (I actually forget if there’s still higher availability).

Anyway, I’d call if I wanted surety in advance.

Ive just checked and the cabin we have been assigned is a GTY penthouse veranda. The one with the included alcohol drinks in the mini fridge.

Hopefully we will get the cabin number soon.

12 minutes ago, mklions said:

Ive just checked and the cabin we have been assigned is a GTY penthouse veranda. The one with the included alcohol drinks in the mini fridge.

No one can predict when your cabin will be assigned. If past is prologue, Viking will off upgrades to people for a fee a couple of weeks before departure, if that doesn’t result in enough availability, a few days before departure they will start upgrading passengers for free. This can continue up until embarkation day. It will all depend on where your cabin is in line when the upgrade dominoes start falling. Some people have had cabins assigned a week or days before departure, others when they check-in. Too many variables at play to predict a timeline.

3 hours ago, mklions said:

Have you called them?