Port Liberty & Flight Times

Yahtic

What has been the experience with debarkation at Port Liberty relative to timing and making a morning flight out of Newark? What is the earliest flight one should book? If I remember correctly from previous posts the cab ride to the airport is about 20 minutes, is that correct.

Thanks in advance for your answers and knowledge.

Thanks, we are elite Captains Club so getting off early is not a concern. Just not sure how early they will let folks off. I am looking at a 10:38 am flight if not that one the next is seven hours later. Sounds like it might be a little tight if there are any bump with debarkation.

Thanks, we are elite Captains Club so getting off early is not a concern. Just not sure how early they will let folks off. I am looking at a 10:38 am flight if not that one the next is seven hours later. Sounds like it might be a little tight if there are any bump with debarkation.

I think a 10:38 AM may be too early.

We came in on the Connie at 7 AM last Sunday. We were on the first group off, took a cab (no traffic) and were at the Continental check-in at 10:20.

Rick

What airline are you flying? Continental check in lines can get pretty long in the morning. You won't have the opportunity for express check in. They tell you to get to the airport two hours early. I would not cut it closer than an hour and a half. I've been on security lines in Newark that are easily half an hour long. There are just a lot of flights in the morning.

Add 10 minutes for the line to be dropped off at the terminal. And add in the possibility of traffic if it is midweek.

I haven't cruised out of Newark yet (first cruise out of Newark in Nov), so take the advice of others on when you can get off the ship and how long it takes to get a taxi. But if immigration is anything like New York you can sit on the ship for an hour while immigration calls the names of 2 or 3 passengers over and over again. They will not let anyone off until those people show up.

Good luck,

Ellen

Rick: Thanks, you have confirmed my fear that 10:38 is too early, was hoping it might be as easy as Ft. Lauderdale. I will look for a later flight. My choices are limited, I have to chose either Denver or Salt Lake as my airport, so if Salt Lake it has to be Delta and with Denver it can be United or Contiental. Denver is a 5 hour drive home and Salt Lake a 2.5 hour drive. The joys of living in the western frontier LOL.

Archived