Carambola

Klapka

Just booked three weeks on Ovation.  The itinerary provides for three BBQ's on Carambola during the cruise.

I see that excursions are also offered on these dates.  Perhaps it would be possible to do an excursion AND the BBQ, but I assume the ship's restaurants will be operating so that we could get fed on board after an excursions.  

I stay m board for the beach parties and order double orders of caviar delivered to me as I sit by the pool.  I get to enjoy the ship with basically a hand full of people.  I order a special order lunch in advance and enjoy myself.

I have been on about 6 cruises that have done caviar in the surf.  the first one was sort of fun but the whole idea of queues in the water by the surfboard with the caviar and getting one cracker with caviar was, for me, a one and done experience.

Best caviar in the surf was actually caviar in the pool on the last segment of the maiden world cruise of the Odyssey in 2010.  The Hotman was in the pool as well as the waiters and it was fun.  At the end, after the paddleboard with the caviar was removed the staff starting throwing each other in the pool.  the guests loved it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Klapka said:

Thanks.  I think that being on board for the last Carambola visits sounds best for us.  You say you ordered a special lunch.  In the main DR, right?

In 2024 the main dining room likely will be closed since it is a port day (and they need the staff to be ashore working the BBQ).

The St. Kitts excursions generally are set up to leave in the morning and return you to the beach area around the time they serve lunch.  Not always possible, but that's what they try to do.  They usually don't offer full day excursions from St. Kitts (such as to Nevis).

8 hours ago, Klapka said:

Thanks.  I think that being on board for the last Carambola visits sounds best for us.  You say you ordered a special lunch.  In the main DR, right?

Always stay on board for this as been number of times.

Patio is open for lunch or room service.