**Live** MSC Seascape 9/21-9/28 & 9/28-10/5 Caribbean Cruise

DaKahuna

3 hours ago, kjbesq69 said:

DaKahuna I will be on the Meraviglia in YC next week(October 6th). The least I can do is get some pictures for you and BCM after your wonderful trip reports. Anything in particular you are looking to see?

Nothing in particular just looking for general photo’s of the YC lounge and restaurant as well as a feeling for the general vibe.  

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

Nothing in particular just looking for general photo’s of the YC lounge and restaurant as well as a feeling for the general vibe.  

Will do my best!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bgwest said:

How exactly does it work when the deck 4 elevator lobby is FULL of folks coming back on board?

When an elevator door opens doesn't everyone who is crushed up against the doors awaiting anyone of them to open just pack into any available elevator?

No.  There is a keypad you use to select the floor you want to go to.  The elevator system the announces which elevator is going to that floor.  There are no buttons inside the elevator to select a floor.

There is a sensor on thebottom of the floor selector that YC guest and present their pass (wristband or card) and it will sound a click, you then tell it what floor and like the others it will tell you which elevator to take.  

If anyone gets in with you by mistake they cannot change the floor.  If another YC guest uses their card and picks the same or a different floor it will stop there as well, if they were told the same elevator.

This idea the panel inside the elevator

IMG_2963.thumb.jpeg.22f50e37893177679b3b6e1395474d8d.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kjbesq69 said:

Anything in particular you are looking to see?

Maybe anything that seems "really different" vs. other YCs? We've not sailed any Meraviglia-class ships yet, but we have a ailing on Virtuosa coming up in June 2026. Thanks! 🙂

• Like 1

I like YC more on the Sea-class ships, but overall I like the Meraviglia better as a complete ship experience.

I love the promenade and the LED ceiling and the locations of the shopping and Venchi and Gelato shops. I think the carousel lounge is great and we shut the sky lounge down on alternating nights with TS.  Oh - and the running track was great - they don't seem to do that anymore.

I am doing Meraviglia again in April 2025, but not in YC. I plan on live reviewing it.

Edited by MonsterJoe
  • Like 2