The Bounty Adventures...???

Minorhawk

Has anyone done this tour lately? It was getting a lot of good reviews in the past, but I have seen very little about it lately. I am just making sure it's still a good idea to pusue it. Let me know if you have any additional info...Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the Bounty a few weeks ago and I can not say it was really good or bad, I think it depends on what you are looking for in an excursion. Therefore, below is what I would list as the good and bad points, which allows the reader to decide if it will fit their needs.

Let's start with the good. They did exactly as advertised. We were meet outside the gates by a taxi driver and taken to the Bounty. The driver was 15 minutes late and it is quite crazy in front of the terminal, but for $6 it is an excellent transportation value. We boarded the ship and motored out to a great snorkeling site. The lunch and drinks were all very good. We came back in on time where a taxi was waiting to take us back to our ship.

Now for the parts that would make us not do it again. The ship is pretty run down. You have to enter and exit the ship from a hanging ladder; this can be quite a challenge in full snorkel gear or if someone in your party is not in good physical condition. There are about 50 people on board, very little shade, really loud music and one smelly bathroom. The staff is nice but not real professional-I would describe them as surfer-dudes running a ship.

If you are just looking for a way to get out snorkeling and don't mind roughing it a bit, this may be an ok choice. However, if you are looking for a nice sailing and snorkeling experience, I would not recommend this trip. The basic response I got from other groups on the Bounty with us was, "its was ok."

We did the Bounty excursion about 10 days ago. I totally agree with the first response. It was OK, but nothing I would write home about. The condition of the ship and the number of people onboard made it a so-so excursion.

I don't think we would consider doing it again, it just wasn't good enough to repeat. :(

• 3 months later...

Archived