Nowhere near LIVE trip report - The Schmoopies' Escape Mediterranean cruise madcap recap

schmoopie17

7 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Being a fan of palindromes, I noticed that pretty much immediately after undertaking that language. By the way, not only do you need to learn how to speak Cambodian, you also need to learn how to read it. Not easy, since, to the untrained eye, it looks like hieroglyphics.

I'll bet you didn't know that Schmoopie spelled backwards is eipoomhcS.

You must conduct a master class on the Joy when we sail in February...about both the Khmer language and palindromes, with extra credit given for Khmer palindromes.

29 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

You must conduct a master class on the Joy when we sail in February...about both the Khmer language and palindromes, with extra credit given for Khmer palindromes.

The Cambodian word for room is spelled phonetically as putup. That may be as close as I can come. The word for bathroom is putup tuk (literally "water room".)

You're welcome to use it when searching for a bathroom on your next visit to Phnom Penh.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

The Cambodian word for room is spelled phonetically as putup. That may be as close as I can come. The word for bathroom is putup tuk (literally "water room".)

You're welcome to use it when searching for a bathroom on your next visit to Phnom Penh.

Duly noted...and hope no one slaps me across the face (should it turn out to be an insult to the Khmer people and a cruel joke from you).

47 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Duly noted...and hope no one slaps me across the face (should it turn out to be an insult to the Khmer people and a cruel joke from you).

The first things they taught us were all of the dirty words. Wanted to get those out of the way. The two I gave you aren't among them.

But they still come in handy when someone irritates me (which is nearly all the time) and I can throw a couple of those words in their direction and they have no idea what they mean. But I feel better for having said them.

• Haha 3