Regent Hotel in Venice?

GMIAC

We also are looking at a cruise that disembarks in Venice in a year from now. Hoping to spend three or four nights in Venice at the conclusion of the cruise.

Can anyone recommend an hotel in a location convenient to the must see places in Venice. A boutique hotel would be quite acceptable. 

Any and all information would be appreciated.

12 hours ago, Avidtravler said:

We also are looking at a cruise that disembarks in Venice in a year from now. Hoping to spend three or four nights in Venice at the conclusion of the cruise.

Can anyone recommend an hotel in a location convenient to the must see places in Venice. A boutique hotel would be quite acceptable. 

In 2015 we stayed in Murano, the "glass island," where all the famous Murano Glass is blown.  It was fantastic!  Much nicer than Venice. About 4 pm all the tourists left so only those who were staying on the island were there.  Very beautiful and quaint.  We stayed at a great hotel which was built in an old glass foundry.  It has since become the Hyatt Centric Murano.  Of course there are other hotels there too. You are only a short Vaporetto ride (the water bus) to Venice so easy to come and go as you wish.  Check it out. If you do go to Murano (and you should even if you stay in Venice), be sure to go to the Glass Museum.  I found it amazingly interesting. 

DSC00393.jpeg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Avidtravler said:

Not sure what hotel Regent uses in Venice, but none of the hotels I've heard Regent use in other locations sound like my type of hote (a handful of exceptions). Having been to Venice 8 times, my recommendations are the Gritti Palace and Bauer Il Palazzo (soon to reopen as Rosewood Bauer). In my opinion, its worth splurging on a Grand Canal view at either property. Hoever, if an upgraded room is not in the cards, at least you can enjoy the amazing views from breakfast and other public spaces.