Posts that attack crew members

Elizabethbea

I may be shot down. However I have noticed that people on this site feel that it is OK to personally attack crew members. Recently we had a posthere in which the crew member was described as “ arrogant”. 

To me this should not be allowed. It is wro ng to attack someone who cannot defend themselves. 

i wonder what other people think?

A description of behaviour is perfectly valid so long as the individual isn’t personally named. A job title is acceptable - this is the approach applied elsewhere in this community so I do not see why the explora board should be any different 

• Like 4

A description of behaviour ( which as we know is somewhat subjective) is with respect different from labeling people  with personal derogatory adjectives. Which is 100% subjective. Crew members work hard, have hundreds of pax to satisfy and to me, calling one “ arrogant” is uncalled for. 

32 minutes ago, Elizabethbea said:

A description of behaviour ( which as we know is somewhat subjective) is with respect different from labeling people  with personal derogatory adjectives. Which is 100% subjective. Crew members work hard, have hundreds of pax to satisfy and to me, calling one “ arrogant” is uncalled for. 

I have fully searched these boards and I do not see any posts calling named staff (or named roles) arrogant. 

I do see a few posts from a number of posters expressing that there is an overall arrogance towards feedback and frustration that there is no sense that individual feedback is valued. I get that - and feedback can feel valued in the way it is listened to even if it is not going to be acted on. 

I look forward to seeing the views of others or if they see posts I have missed. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 9/29/2024 at 4:55 AM, uktog said:

A description of behaviour is perfectly valid so long as the individual isn’t personally named. A job title is acceptable - this is the approach applied elsewhere in this community so I do not see why the explora board should be any different 

This is correct under our Guidelines.  We believe criticism using individual names of cruise line employees should be directed to the cruise line, and in posts, reviews, etc. request that members use only job titles when describing problem behaviors or incidents.  In many cases ship-based employees have no opportunity to defend themselves or post a rebuttal (and may not even know their name is being used).  

Please use the 3 dots in the upper right corner to "report" any post which you believe our hosts/moderators should review.

• Like 1