Eagle Beach

SDOW1

What is the best (easiest, most economical) way to get to Eagle Beach from the cruise port? Is there an admission fee? Thank you in advance!  

Posted (edited)

Take the city bus -- yes, seriously, the city bus. 

The bus stop is maybe two blocks away from the dock and cost something like $5 for the two of us.  It dropped us right at the beach.  Return trip was just as easy.  I watched a You Tube video that literally "walked us through" the whole transportation process -- it's been a couple years, so I can't remember all the details, but that video should be pretty easy to find again. 

Eagle Beach is just as beautiful as everyone says.  Definitely worth the trip.  No fee to enter but two chairs and an umbrella were $35.  If you want to pick up some beer or other drinks to take to the beach, there's a convenience store to the left of the dock.  

Edited by Mum2Mercury
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, SDOW1 said:

Thank you!!!

You're welcome!  Here's the video that "walked us through" -- at least, I think it's the same one I used to prep -- having done the trip, this is EXACTLY what we saw!  

Note:  I just saw another poster who says two chairs and an umbrella are now $50 -- and that poster's been to Eagle Beach more recently than I have, so the price has probably increased.  I'm thinking of buying myself one of those beach clamshells that fold up to about the size of a camping chair.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1