Ice breakers at dinner

FF - so true.....questions about kids can be torturous....better be very aware of body language, etc. when broaching this subject, and be willing to move on if anyone's uncomfortable. It may not be a happy topic for some people.

What would you do if you had non-drinkers at your table? This happened to us. We ordered a bottle a wine and offered to share with the table(1st night) and were greeted with just cold stares! Ok let's try this again "would you like a glass of wine?" we asked finally told no thank you.

Which was fine, I know not everyone drinks just they made us feel guilty for wanting too.I'm from wine country for goodness sakes even the kids grew up sipping wine with meals. The rest of the nights were kind of uncomfortable thank god it was only a 4 nighter. Has anyone else had a experience like this.The cruise was so booked we were told we couln't change tables(Celebrity).

What would you do if you had non-drinkers at your table? This happened to us. We ordered a bottle a wine and offered to share with the table(1st night) and were greeted with just cold stares! Ok let's try this again "would you like a glass of wine?" we asked finally told no thank you.

Which was fine, I know not everyone drinks just they made us feel guilty for wanting too.I'm from wine country for goodness sakes even the kids grew up sipping wine with meals. The rest of the nights were kind of uncomfortable thank god it was only a 4 nighter. Has anyone else had a experience like this.The cruise was so booked we were told we couln't change tables(Celebrity).

Wow,that is tough, a simple no thank you but we will toast with a soft drink would have been my answer if I didn't drink. But, being from wine country what do you suggest for a reasonbly priced red zinfandel? We are from Maine and are always looking for a good wine suggestion>

Hey out there DW and I cruising on the Voyager on 4-29-06 it will be just the 2 of us .We are going to the main seating in the dining room ,we obviously do not know who we will be dining with.We will be new to dining with strangers any tips on ways to break the ice with tablemates?We are a little nervous

We're on your cruise, we'll sit with ya!!! LOL

DH will occasionally have some wine with dinner, but I really do not like the taste of it. If I were at your table, I'd graciously say thank you, but rather than let you pour the wine and have it just sit in front of me, I'd probably suggest that you all enjoy it, and then I'd ask chorder to get me a soft drink, too! :)

Hey out there DW and I cruising on the Voyager on 4-29-06 it will be just the 2 of us .We are going to the main seating in the dining room ,we obviously do not know who we will be dining with.We will be new to dining with strangers any tips on ways to break the ice with tablemates?We are a little nervous

Buy a round of drinks,....:)

I wish we would of had all of you at our table! A little manners goes a long way in my book. No thank you would of been great.We even would of splurged for soft drinks for everyone:) Oh well live and learn.

I guess you've never gotten stuck sitting next to the lady who doesn't know how to make conversation while your spouse is animatedly talking to the person to his/her other side??

I have no objection to changing seats - do it all the time. It's someone standing up and announcing how things will be conducted at the table that would bristle me. What give you the right to dictate how we choose seats? Just relax... We'll change seats as we please.

Archived