Port Canaveral - Parking at the Terminal

NRWPA

I went back several pages looking for info and didn't find an answer - I don't want old info, just recent info please. I was on RC Wonder last week. I parked at the terminal and they directed me to a parking lot left of the parking garage (not the one that's right there on the left, the one past that and across the street). It was a Port parking lot, not considered offsite parking. Has everything changed regarding the Port parking or was it just the lot they directed me to? For example, I pulled in and payment was made into a meter that spit out a receipt they told me to put in the front window - last time, I paid a guy with a portable credit card reader who printed me a receipt and directed me to the lot to the right of the parking garage. The walk that time was pretty long but doable. This time, the lot was extremely far away from the terminal. Not a walk I want to do again with the health issues I have. When I left last time, I simply had a porter help me load luggage and got in my car and drove away. This time, when I left the ship, the porter complained a lot over and over again that I was parked too far away! Then, when I tried to exit there was another meter that wanted me to scan my receipt. When I tried to scan it, it couldn't be read. It had sat on the dash in the sun and faded. The meter message then said to insert the credit card I used to pay...well, knowing I already paid I didn't think I'd need that card to depart so I put it in my carry-on which was in the back of my CR-V, I had put a different card in my purse for use on the trip home. I was in the lane to leave, someone was behind me, I had to open my back hatch, open up my carry-on and get my credit card out. The person behind me could not possibly be very happy with me but as I said, last time I was able to just leave. There was no gate stopping me. So, bottom line question is: are all the lots this way now - with passengers having to scan their receipt or credit card to get out? Or should I make sure I'm either in the parking garage or the closer lot? And can I leave from those without scanning my card again? Or should I just resign myself to using off-site parking so I'm dropped off at the terminal and picked up there. Also, my next cruise will be a B2B - are people still not being charged extra for the 2nd week? Sorry for the convoluted story but lots of factors. Thanks for any current info.