Las Palmos, Gran Canaria Hotel

We will be staying in Las Palmos for 2 nights prior to a cruise around the Canary Islands which we have never visited prior. Recommendations for a hotel would be appreciated. Our needs are a room of 30sqm/322sqfoot, close to attractions to walk to. We can walk quite well and can do many miles a day.

Thanks for any help. I have tried researching on the board here but Canary Islands isn't covered much, unless I am missing things.

7 hours ago, frantic36 said:

close to attractions to walk to.

In Las Palmas you have two choices of area, the old town around the cathedral or the area near Las Canteras beach and they are 5km / 3 miles apart, so it depends which you prefer - walking around the old town or walking along the beach front.

• Thanks 1

@9265359 Thanks for this. We are definitely more an old town and history type with good food thrown in. I don't mind walking along a beach but in a new area especially I want more of the history. Where I live we have white, sandy beaches that go on for miles so it isn't important on a holiday. 

In that case I would be doing a Google maps search around the Catedral Metropolitana de Santa Ana de Canarias area  - https://maps.app.goo.gl/BFUPx2eSegmCwewKA and seeing what sort of places take your interest.

And if you do fancy heading towards the beach (it is very pleasant late in the evening to stroll along and taking a stop at one of the many bars and ice cream places along there), then then are buses that run frequently from the old town down to there.

• Thanks 1