Anyone who sailed 3/18 on the Zuiderdam

laslo

We just arrived home from an incredible cruise to the Caribbean on the Zuiderdam. My family was celebrating my mother's 90th birthday and things could not have been more perfect for her. I was a bit shortsighted in one respect, I was involved in the "Zuiderdam Superstars" karaoke contest and failed to get any of the other contestants' email addresses. It was such a great bunch of folks and I really do want to stay in touch. If anyone is or knows Rami, Judy, Edie, Megan please drop me a line or let them know I'd like to keep in touch. This is Doug, laslo is my "nom de net." My email is laslo9ster@gmail.com. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Hey laslo,

If you don't mind I have one quick question about the "Superstar" karaoke contest - what time did this event usually begin (I know its held over a number of nights)?

We are big karaoke fans and would love to participate, but I have heard that second seating passengers are often out of luck due to timing (we've requested the 8pm seating). Can you confirm?

Thanks in advance - glad to hear you had such a great time :)

The initial round was Sunday night (I think, better check the daily schedule) and I believe it started at 9:30. After the initial round we met at 9:30 in the Northern Lights and the show was in the Queen's Lounge. Watch out for DJ (Simon Cowell) Kerry:) If you do have a chance to participate tell DJ Kerry, Scotty, and (I hope you're fortunate enough to have her) Julie Barr that "Santa" says "yo!". You'll have a great time.

Hey Laslo,

I saw your performance on the television in our cabin. You were great...I never saw the final performance- who won? We were the couple that had the little boy "kai" and we ran into you a couple of times in the neptune lounge.

:)

Oh yeah, Kai, the happy little guy (well most of the time). He like those goodies in the Neptune as much as I did!

I emerged victorious, though later, in the cabin, I watched it on TV and from a singers standpoint I thought Edie did much better than I. I guess it helped to have Julie Barr dancing around me when I'm trying to sing "Oh Pretty Woman".

We've been on five HAL cruises, and the Zuiderdam 03/18/06 ranks as one of if not the best cruise we've been on. The crew, the passengers, everyone was great. It will be a hard one to follow, but we must try:)

Archived