On Conquest Schedule, Cozumel Excursion Recommendations?

We took the semi submarine tour a couple weeks ago. Don't waste your time. It was interesting to see what's left of the International Pier.

If you have the time and are interested, the Tulum tour (have to ferry to the mainland) is really good. If you take the tour, wear your swimsuit. There is a small beach at the ruins. If the day is warm, a dip in the water is quite refreshing. This tour takes all day though.

If you have the time and are interested, the Tulum tour (have to ferry to the mainland) is really good.
I second that. We really enjoyed Tulum last Dec. We are going on the Conquest again in Sept. so I'm looking for excursion ideas too. Right now I'm leaning towards Paradise Beach. Any other suggestions?

We took the semi submarine tour a couple weeks ago. Don't waste your time. It was interesting to see what's left of the International Pier.

If you have the time and are interested, the Tulum tour (have to ferry to the mainland) is really good. If you take the tour, wear your swimsuit. There is a small beach at the ruins. If the day is warm, a dip in the water is quite refreshing. This tour takes all day though.

Thank you for your comments. We are actually considering the semi-sub tour. Could you please elaborate on why you thought it was a waste of time? :confused:

I think we'll pass on the Tulum tour, since its all day and we want a chunk of time for shopping. We did tour Chichen Itza a couple of summers ago...DH climbed her but I chickened out. :rolleyes:

I enjoyed the semi sub tour in Grand Cayman on an earlier trip much more than this one. The Cayman one showed a couple of ship wrecks. The tour guide pointed out several fish. He also alerted us when to keep our eyes open for certain others. More personable.

In Cozumel, the guide was difficult to hear and understand. He spoke very quickly. He didn't really point out many of the fish. We were on our own to identify them. He did give an account of the hurricane.

The tour really stays close to what's left of the pier. You definitely felt the waves from the tenders.

Depends on what you enjoy. My DH & I like beaches. Last time we were in Cozumel we by-passed the ship's tours and took a taxi to Paradise Beach on our own. It was beautiful there. Took a taxi back to town and just explored the shops. If you're looking for a place to eat try Pancho's Backyard. Good food and killer margarita's. And be sure to make a stop at Carlos & Charlies.

Back in 2003 we did the Passion Island excursion through Carnival. They picked us up in a very nice bus. Took us to a small boat to cross a waterway to Passion Island. We had a nice lunch and all the drinks we could drink. My son and husband drank their money's worth in Corona. They had hammocks and beach chairs. Place was really empty. Had the whole place to ourselves. They also took some nice pictures with Passion Island, Cozumel on them. They were ready for us by the time it was time to leave. Not sure what it would be like now. But it was great. I don't care to much for crowds.

It really depends on what you like.

For us, we rented jeeps, drove down to Paradise Beach, layed out, ate and drink a little, drove around to the other side and visited Coconut, stayed a little while, drove around sightseeing, went back to town shopped , stopped at Carlos n Charlies, and went back to the ship. A full day.

But again depends on what you like. Still lots of damage.

Archived