Galaxy - Mediterranean

Schasz

We are considering taking this cruise in June. We have not cruised on Celebrity yet...our cruises have been on Carnival and Royal Caribbean. I am sure that we would enjoy Celebrity, and we like the itinerary a lot. I have an 18 year old daughter that wants us to take her to Greece for her Graduation present.

Has anyone been on this cruise? If so, how did you like it, and can you pass on any information that would be helpful to first timers traveling to Europe. I was also wondering if fellow CC's can tell us what you liked about the Galaxy. How many formal nights on a 10 night cruise. My daughter really wants to go to Mykonos as she has many Greek teen aged friends. I appreciate any comments that anyone has.

John & Shari

We are taking our 17yo daughter and her friend for the same reason. She is looking forward to the cruise. We are on the 6/12 galaxy and there are several posts on the roll call. It is a port intensive cruise and there should be so much to do there is no way to be bored! Scott

I absolutely loved the Galaxy, but I have nothing to compare it to. I really liked the layout of the ship, very easy to get around. The food was great, very accomodating for special diets, all you have to do is ask. Sure its a little old and dated, but its a great ship. As to going to Europe, I havent cruised to Greece but I have been there. It is a beautiful country with a lot of history. I would recommend learning a little Greek before you go, because the saying its all Greek to me is very true when you are there. Your daughter will love it, its a great time and a great way to see the world! Enjoy your cruise!

I was on this cruise for my 10th anniversary- it was wonderful!!!!

2 formal nights- Mykonos is great but Santorini is even better we thought. Make sure to go to Oia. They brought a local folkloric group on board for dancing on the pool deck, it was great and lots of fun.

Don't hesitate about this cruise.

Archived