First Cruise in May have few question

jth5898

We (2) are going on RCCL on May 13 out of Port Everglades. We pre paid tips and shore excursions do we still need to set aside more money for tips on ship. We will not drink alcohol, gamble, spa or art auction. How much money do you think we will need per day on ship? Also do you think there will be a lot of kids on the ship? How do you find out how many ships will be at each port the day your ship is there. Thanks

Have two sites to check to see how many ships will be in the ports when you are.

http://www.portschedules.com/

http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn/

Summer break for school will not have started yet so there should not be to many kids. Everything on the ship goes on your sea pass card, (Credit Card), except gambling. Since you do not drink or gamble, the only cash you will need is for the ports of call.

Even if you pre-pay tips, if you have someone who's gone above and beyond for you, you might want to slip them some extra money. All your purchases on the ship are put on your sign and sail card, which is backed by your credit card. If you plan on drinking anything on board, be it bottled water or soda and some juices and coffees, there is a charge for that. You will also need cash for tips for shore excursion staff like bus drivers and guides.

There could be some kids on the cruise. Some of the schools here in Florida finish school in early May. College students will also be graduating, and may be on a celebratory cruise.

We were on Mariner 2 weeks ago during spring break and I really didn't notice the kids too much. Either they were well behaved, or I was asleep when they came out to play.

The ship's photographers take pictures before dinners, at piers when you go on shore, around the pool, and so on. You only pay for the pictures if you like them AFTER they are printed ... so be prepared for the photographers and smile :p We bought 2 pictures, and they were $9.95 each. I believe there are some portrait sizes that are more expensive - maybe $20. I thought they were a nice souvenir of one of the few times were were dressed up!

You may want to buy some souvenirs in the different ports. I don't know your ports of call, but we got some fabulous deals on t-shirts and other shirts in Cozumel. We spent a total of about $85 TOTAL on shirts, costume jewellery, taxis, bottled water and cokes while we were onshore in 4 ports. We didn't do any excursions, just wandered around. Oh ... when we were in port we went to Johnny Rockets on the ship and it was great - we had the place to ourselves!

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived