Glory Reviews needed

dst

I am taking my mom on the Glory May 20th and it seems that there are not a lot of posts about the Glory. Can anyone give me an honest review and thoughts about the ship? What places are good to go to, which pool area is nice, the rooms, staff etc. We are taking the Western portion and any suggestions on ports would also be appreciated.

Thanks so much, I am getting excited for this cruise.

We did the Glory Western on 3/11-3/18. It was one of our best cruises yet. The weather was perfect! We loved the staff. The entertainment that we experienced was great - we didn't go to any of the shows so I can't comment there.

We at dinner in the dining room each night and it was great. One evening I didn't see anything I wanted so I ordered a steak. Our waiter asked if I would like a sirloin or a filet? It was one of the best filets I've ever had - cooked to perfection.

Getting off the ship in Key West is pure agony - I would get in line early next time - we waited until 1:00 or so and it took us about 45 minutes to get into Key West - there were a lot of young people - spring breakers maybe who cut in line on several occassions.

We did the Turneffe Atoll Snorkle and Beach Break which took us to Bannister Caye. Loved Bannister Caye and the free rum punch included was pretty good too. The snorkling experience was so-so compared to Cozumel or Grand Caymen.

We didn't do much in Costa Maya as we have been there before and wanted to lay around on the Lido deck.

It truly was a great cruise - I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Diane

We did the Eastern itinerary on the Glory, the first cruise out of drydock, and though the crew had a few challenges, it seems they have all worked themselves out (see above!). The Glory is a beautiful ship, fairly easy to navigate (just remember you can't get thru decks 3 and 4 easily), and full of fun things to do. We loved our ports as well. Capers and pics link in my signature if you are interested. Have a great time! :D

dst--

Just came back from the Glory though we went Eastern so shore itinerary is not going to help you. I have a review ready to post, should be there soon. I can say it is a wonderful ship with a great crew. This style of ship in my favorite. Plenty of open deck space.

dst--

Just came back from the Glory though we went Eastern so shore itinerary is not going to help you. I have a review ready to post, should be there soon. I can say it is a wonderful ship with a great crew. This style of ship in my favorite. Plenty of open deck space.

How long did it take you to get off the ship in St. Thomas? I have heard you lose a lot of time waiting.

Patti,

It did take a long time to get off the ship. Ship docked at 10:00 and DH and I weren't off the ship until after 1:00. Through the luck of the draw the previous day we were the last deck called. People with early shore tours were allowed to leave earlier. But from what I was told afterward they really weren't checking too closely for shore tours or what deck you were. Some guy I talked to said he was told everyone would off the ship by 11:30 and when he wasn't he complained and was allowed to leave. And once you're leaving the ship if the forward elavators are running it's much faster than the steps. I was kind of upset at the time but you just have to put things in perspective. I could have been back in Pittsburgh in the cold and snow.

We did the Western last summer on the Glory and it was great. Good service, nice ship. Always seemed to be "excitement" on the ship.

We went to Passion Island in Cozumel and it was a great trip. Snorkeled in Belize and it was just OK.

Embarkation at Canaveral was great.

My wife and I are on the Atkins diet, ( low carb) anyway it is a way of lifestyle for us now. Are there any low carb entrees that you noticed on the menu.

I've been an Atkins girl for 3 1/2 years and never had a problem eating on any cruise. Carnival ships actually have a low-carb suggested meal on the menu each evening. While I haven't always agreed with their choices, there is always a meat choice (or several) available, a decent appetizer, a salad, and extra veggies if you want them. There is also a Spa dessert each night that is low fat and sugar free. (Not always low carb, but I will indulge in a sugar free dessert when I cruise.) Of course, you could always get cheese for dessert instead. The best part is they have low carb rolls in the dining room if you ask for them. The first night you may have to wait 10 minutes or so because they only get them out by request. After you ask the first time, they will have them for you every night. These rolls are darn good, too! Splenda is available almost everywhere on the ship and they have diet Sprite and diet Coke available if you like soda or for a mixer for your favorite adult beverage.

Breakfast is easy too, whether you go with the buffet or the dining room. Plenty of great options for lunch as well.

Glory is a wonderful ship once you (as an earlier poster said) get used to having to go down to Deck 2 to go from one end of the ship to the other. We did the Western in October of last year and loved every minute of it. The service everywhere on the ship was awesome! We plan to sail her again.

I will be glad to post my review on the Eastern Glory cruise when I get back. My cruise is April 15th. I have not been able to find out some information and I will be glad to put in my 2 cents worth of my opinion!! We will be cruising in 15 days!!!

I did glory's western on 3/11-3/18 also (Hi msolberg!) and it was wonderful. Mrs. Lazyart is diabetic and controls her blood sugar not with insulin but by following the Atkins regimen (yes, this works). She had no problem dining on the ship. Our maitre d' made sure there was a sugar free dessert for her every evening. She didnt have to order it-- it was automatically given to her.

Key West sucked. If you want to do an excursion, book it thru the ship for that port or else you will never get to it on time. Still had time for conch fritters, a rum runner, key lime and a jaunt down Duval St. Two hour after getting off the trolley he had to head back.

Costa Maya is beautiful. Go directly to Mahahual or book a tour of the ruins. Had a great time in Belize going cave tubing and zip lining.

I'm biased because it was my first cruise and my honeymoon and I would've had a great time as long as the ship stayed afloat. DW and I were thoroughly impressed by the wait staff and really all of service folks on Glory.

If you can, book cabin 8448. Nice big wraparound balcony. Worth the few extra bucks. :)

Thanks for all the info...all of you! I am not sure what happened but I lost this thread until I was reviewing my CP. Anyway, thanks soooo much.

I am getting excited about the cruise, it will probably be the last trip my mom will be able to make and I want it to be special for her. She really wants to walk around Key West but it wounds more stessful than its worth. Maybe she can just do all her shopping in Costa Maya, does anyone know of anything as far as renting golf carts? This way I can drive her around, or I guess we could just taxi over.

I plan to take one day to myself and picked Belize to do some diving! Thats the highlight of my cruise.

Someone said to make sure todo the Emerald Room, what night should we do that and can we book that online, or thru our PVP?

Sorry with all of the questions, I sound like a newbie :) But any help would be appreciated.

Archived