Pre-Booking Excursion on RCCL question...

ck1234

When I went to pre-book excursions, I was surprised to see that the only way is to pay by credit card. The only other choice it gives is to put it on your seapass when you are aboard ship. Don't their excursions sell out? If I put it on my credit card, is my card immediately charged even though my cruise is months away? Thanks!

Yes, your card is charged as soon as you purchase it. However you do get a refund if you cancel, I believe 24 hours before the start of the excursion.

Thanks for the info cruisinMike! Appreciate it.

The popular excursions do sell out. If there is a "must do" excursion for you, then go ahead and book it online. If you change you mind later, you can cancel online up to 10 days before sail date for full refund or up to 24 hours in advance once you are onboard.

I always book my excursions online...the amount you paid will show up on your reservation page and it will show as paid and will be added to any depositsor payments you have already made. You will get a confirmation email and it states your excursion tickets will be in your cabin waiting for you:D ...

To me its one more thing I dont have to worry about and one more thing that doesnt have to go on my seapass and be paid the last night.:D

They require the credit card payment to prevent people from doing the "I think I want this one so I'll book it, but I'll book this one too because I might want to do this one instead" thereby taking up excursions that they don't really want. Requiring the credit card, ensures that you've at least put some thought into it before you book an excursion.

You can cancel the excursion and get a full refund up until 24 hours before the excursion. Now, just one note though, if you wait to cancel onboard, the refund will be a credit on your seapass account and not to the credit card you booked with.

I just booked my excursions for Alaska for July 29th Radiance. I was shocked that I was able to book this far out. It used to be 60 days out didn't it? I was thrilled. One less thing to worry about!

I just booked my excursions for Alaska for July 29th Radiance. I was shocked that I was able to book this far out. It used to be 60 days out didn't it? I was thrilled. One less thing to worry about!

I , too was (pleasently) suprised when I was able to book our Alaska excursions so early...we booked almost a month ago (Sailing in July also):D :p

But, like I say...that way its done and paid...and I dont have to give it another thought untill I get to my cabin!!!:cool: :D

got our RCCL VISA $600 in excursions which is doubled for 1200 points for our onboard credit on Freedom in October. We have $600 for Jewel, so now we work on Freedom. So now I like booking excursions beforehand, and if we feel like cancelling, we do it onboard to get our money back & not lose the points on VISA.

With member cruises, Diamond & Diamond Plus get free excursions & so far they are still working on our May cruise with no phonecall on which we want as yet.

Archived