Cabana's on Half Moon Cay

Britters

There's no difference in terms of amenities, just how they distinguish one cabin from another. Instead of numbers, they go by the color they're painted.

You might want to pick one over another based on location, however. At one time, someone posted a link to a map which showed the locations of each cabana.

It is true that really the only difference is the location. Also, when we were at HMC in Sept '06, they had a few cabanas that were solid wood and some that had a frame with tarps for the sides ( I think they were changing them all to be the solid wood design but could be wrong ). We had the best time with the cabana. The fee is good for up to four people but you can add more. They give you snorkel gear, floats for the water, and lounge chairs. The cabanas have air conditioning, misters for the deck to keep you cool, a refrigerator, ceiling fan, and a table and chairs. Also, there were two assistants to get us drinks or anything we needed.

Think about where you want to be on the beach. Do you want to be in the middle of all the action or further down and more secluded. We booked the last cabana on the beach, furthest from the dock. We loved it because there were very few people around and it was like our own beach. The drawback is that you are further away from everything like the buffet, restrooms, shops, etc. For us it did not matter. We preferred privacy and seclusion over convenience and crowds. Also, they pick you up at the dock and drive you to your cabana so don't worry about the distance from the ship. They will take you back as well.

They also offer butler service but we did not choose that option. It provides a personal butler to carry your things to/from the ship and they brought you lunch to the cabana to enjoy.

You really can't go wrong with the cabanas. It can get very hot on the beach and it provided nice relief. But be sure to book VERY early. We booked ours 8 weeks ahead and were put on a wait list. Luckily we were cleared one week before the cruise. So you may not have a choice on which cabana you get. But no matter which one, it is worth it.

The cabanas are all now hardsided.

It is true that really the only difference is the location. Also, when we were at HMC in Sept '06, they had a few cabanas that were solid wood and some that had a frame with tarps for the sides ( I think they were changing them all to be the solid wood design but could be wrong ).

Just curious, are you a time traveler by any chance?:D

Bill

Just wondering how to book these cabanas? Thanks! May be too late but never hurts to try.

This is a quote from mom58 who just came back.

We just got back from the 4/1 cruise on the Sensation. I had done a lot of research on the cabanas and really wanted to get one. I asked at the shore excursions desk right away when we boarded and was told to come back the next day at 5:30 p.m. to book (you could not book it on-line before we left--I don't know about now). I went back the next day about 5:40 and got on the list (4th of 8 cabanas). We were given priority to be on the 1st tender.

The price was $219, plus $45 for each additional person over 4 people.

Hope this helps.

Bill

I have been to Coco Cay 3x and never realized you could "book" the cabanas. Wow. We are leaving on Friday and I'm wondering if this option is available.

For the 219.00 does that include the snorkeling gear and vests at no extra cost? For a family of 4, the snorkeling is over 100.00 so I'm thinking for the additional 100.00 with all the amenities, this doesn't sound like a bad deal?

Wow, just realized this is for Half Moon Cay and not Coco Cay. Well, I've been to Half Moon Cay 2x and didn't realize they had cabanas for rent either...geez, I must be very unobservant. But unfortunately, that won't help me for this trip :(

• 1 month later...

not sure if anyone still needs this info but this is what i got from the threads for holland. (going on a cruise iwht them in nov/dec and carnival in oct). gives you an idea of the locations and some pictures.

you shoul be able to book the cabanas via the shore excursions on the cruise line but it needs to be done asap. not sure when they were realeased for bookin for my sailing but there were only two left when i booked mine last night. gl!

i cant get hals website to pull up the info on the shore excursions but if i remember correctly it was something like 279, i believe. we booked our cabana and plan to upgrade a little later for the butler upgrade.

check out the Holland America message board.. you'll get all the info you need and more :)

• 2 years later...

Is there a cabinet or something to lock up belongings in the cabana? Or at least a decent hiding place? We want to get one, but we also don't want to leave our stuff unattended while we swim.

Is there a "banana boat ride" at Half moon? Is it a far walk to the sting rays?

There are cabinets in the cabanas, but I don't believe they have locks on them. There's a locker rental area on the backside of the Watersports rental area #1.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2983472170104783828WKBuZB

It's not far to the stingrays. I'd say if you walked and didn't stop it would take maybe 5 minutes from the food pavilion area. It's a paved road, and it's flat, so it's an easy walk.

I looked through the excursion sheet and I don't see a banana boat ride. Those are fun. Our kids did those in Mexico and had a ball. :)

Here's the list of excursions from our HAL cruise. After you click on the one you want, click the "full screen" icon on the top right and you can more or less read the print. We scanned these and for some reason, this was as large as we could get the pictures to be. There are four pages of HMC excursions posted. :)

http://travel.webshots.com/album/570027012ZzrFdm

• 3 months later...

The cabana now costs $299 for a party of 4. Each extra person is $45. If you want butler service which includes free liquor and greater services, then the upgrade for 4 is $270 and for each additional person, $100. So a party of six would pay $389 without the butler and $859 including the butler. We just booked the Private Oasis Palm package for our cruise in Nov/Dec 09.:cool:

Archived