Carry on bag size ?

dgwbusiness

Packing now... leaving SUNDAY. The carnival web site FAQ's has a limit to carry on bag size. what is the scoop on this ? is there a limit to the size ??? Not taking a foot locker, just a normal siz overnight soft sided gym bag. But it is bigger then 11 X 17

Packing now... leaving SUNDAY. The carnival web site FAQ's has a limit to carry on bag size. what is the scoop on this ? is there a limit to the size ??? Not taking a foot locker, just a normal siz overnight soft sided gym bag. But it is bigger then 11 X 17

The 11 x 17 is depth and width. It can be as long as you want. The 11 X 17 has to do with the size of the aperture on the security machine.

So theoretically you could bring golf clubs, and as long as they weren't any wider than 11 x 17, it would be fine.

I called and spoke to Carnival and they said 24" x 16" is the maximum carry-on size. The length shouldn't be a big deal since it goes vertically through the scanner. The width and height (thickness when packed) is what you need to make sure fits. I have brought duffels that are 21 x 17 in the past, as well as my garment bags and they've all worked fine. Someone else here said that he carries his luggage on all the time and it's like mine---a 22" inch roll-on. I wish Carnival would be consistent with their information.:rolleyes: Or at least word it in a way that doesn't confuse people.

Carry-On Luggage - Cruise Critic Message Boards

Has to be 11x17 if its bigger you will need to get it check in. Also if you are flying in, ensure your luggage has the correct wieght for the airlines, if its heavier they will ding ya, 80.00 more.

I called and spoke to Carnival and they said 24" x 16" is the maximum carry-on size. The length shouldn't be a big deal since it goes vertically through the scanner. The width and height (thickness when packed) is what you need to make sure fits. I have brought duffels that are 21 x 17 in the past, as well as my garment bags and they've all worked fine. Someone else here said that he carries his luggage on all the time and it's like mine---a 22" inch roll-on. I wish Carnival would be consistent with their information.:rolleyes: Or at least word it in a way that doesn't confuse people.

Carry-On Luggage - Cruise Critic Message Boards

My 11x17 that has all of my electronics looks bigger then 11x17, and most reps at the terminal tell me I might have to check that in, In Long Beach it was close, I mean maybe 3 inches from the top and on the sides heading into their xray machine, I forget what it looked like in Miami. So depends on what terminal your are in. I always take my tape small home depot tape measure with me incase Im challenged. There are 2 places on Carnivals website that say 11x17 and also 24x16. Not sure which to go with.

Fred

Archived