Info on Grand Turk

Debs224

Can you walk to the beach to swim from the cruise ship dock? We are going on the Crown Princess in June and finish our last tour at 12:30, we would like an hour on the beach but don't want to pay the $32 the line charges. thanks for the info.

Can you walk to the beach to swim from the cruise ship dock? We are going on the Crown Princess in June and finish our last tour at 12:30, we would like an hour on the beach but don't want to pay the $32 the line charges. thanks for the info.
here is the page with the map on it from the link Debs posted.

OK, is it just me or is that website laid out really weird. I can't get to some of the menu links. :( Anyway, it mentions something about seasonal whale-watching, but I see nothing else about it anywhere on the site. Has anyone gone whale watching at Grand Turks?

Undrhil

OK, is it just me or is that website laid out really weird. I can't get to some of the menu links. :(
No, it isn't just you. The drop down menus don't work for me either. Are you a Mac user too? The site wouldn't work on Safari, but it does on Firefox.

Is it walkable to a beach area where you can swim? It doesn't look far by the map, but am not sure.

I emailed a director (chamber of commerce or tourist board, forgot which) in Grand Turk and he said there is a tram that leaves the cruise ship center every 20 min. going to Governor's beach. He also mentioned that taxi ride would be $4 pp/each way. He did not mention the cost of the tram. I won't be going until May so I can't confirm all of this from personal experience, only going on the email.

No, it isn't just you. The drop down menus don't work for me either. Are you a Mac user too? The site wouldn't work on Safari, but it does on Firefox.

No, I'm on Windows XP using Internet Explorer. I tried using Firefox at one time, but I just didn't like the feel of it. Well, that and the fact that it stored my bank website username and password first visit without asking me. Internet Explorer will *not* do this and I find that safer for me, thanks. :)

Undrhil

I had another question: I saw mention about whale watching in Grand Turks, is there an excursion for that or what? Is there a website which might show some migration maps for this area for whales to see if *maybe* there's a chance I might get to watch some whales?

Undrhil

The center has a salt water pool (yep... salt water) & the beach is at the end of the dock. I have seen lots of pictures, but now can't seem to find them, check the Holland America boards, I believe someone out there the great pictures! Sorry.

It has also been reported that the stores at the cruise center are not yet ready to accept credit cards, so prepare accordingly. Maybe this has changed in the past few weeks, but thought I would mention it anyway.

I am going in May as well and can't wait!

I had another question: I saw mention about whale watching in Grand Turks, is there an excursion for that or what? Is there a website which might show some migration maps for this area for whales to see if *maybe* there's a chance I might get to watch some whales?

Undrhil

Try this link for whale watching

http://www.turksandcaicoswhalewatching.com/

Archived