Fred. Olsen - Black Prince, Black Watch

seabourndt

not heard from you since the cruise from hell!! hows it going, anything from fred olsen yet? i wrote a letter to thenm complaining about the cruise still wtg for a response. gor future cruise credit from cunard not thought of a cruise yet. 2 weeks till my trip to hawaii the ship does not sound great from the posts. i shall of course be doing a review when i return on 11th july. not a great time to fly out on 30th is it?

HI ANGELA, HOPE YOYU GOT MY POST ABOUT THE BLACK PRINCE. DID YOU GET ANYTHING FROM FRED OLSEN FROM THAT CRUISE. TODAY I RECEIVED A NICE LETTER FROM OLSEN EXPLAINUI=ING ALL THE THINGS THAT HAPPENED PLEASE WITH THEIR EXPLANATION AND BOTH A CHEQUE FOR 100PIOUNDS AND A FUTURE CRUISE CREDIOT FOR 95POUNDS ALSO I THINK THAT WAS A VERY GOOD DEAL FROM THEM. IT LOOKS LIKE THE CRUISE IN HAWAII IS STILL GOING AHEAD AFTER READING ALL THE POOR THINGS ON BOARD THE pride of aloha> I WILKL BE LOOKING FOR ANOTHER FRED OLSEN CRUIOSE INTHE FUTURE MAYBE NOT ON THE BLACK PRINCE THOUGH. ALSO LOOKIMNG AT THE RADISSON DIAMOND TRansatlantic in 2005

talk soo

david

I am sorry not to have replied before. I have had a lot of trouble with my ISP connection and when that was sorted I was unable to log on here. However, I hope I have caught up with you before you go off to your next cruise on Pride of Aloha. Yes we too have had a letter from Fred Olsen and we were very pleased. We feel they have tried hard to put things right. We have decided to go on the Black Watch on the 17 December on a three night cruise to Rouen. We like Rouen and also the sail up the Seine. We have however, put first sitting dinner this time.

Angela

• 4 weeks later...

David - read your Pride of Aloha review - your last three cruises have not been exactly straightforward have they, what with the delay on QM2, the cruise from Hell on Fred Olsen and now Aloha.

Have you decided which cruise you are going to use your coupon and refund on with Fred Olsen. We are now all confirmed on the Rouen mini on Black Watch in December. Perhaps we will see you there.

• 2 weeks later...

hi there thanks for your posts, iam back from thepride of aloha, like what i saw. the drawer was very small glad judy my friend did';nt want to use the drawes as it was only enough for me. i have enquired about the mini cruise on the black watchgbto use the creditr. have you been on the b watch before? i have a k grade cabin not surewcwhich to take as the oneson the bridge deck seem to nbe in front of the lifeboats any idea which one is best looked at 8021 what do you think. so the visits are silver cloud, discovery and black watch. qe2 in noven=mer to use the other cruise creit to the canaries. only cocktails on the silver cloud though its at tower bridge though. hope tpo see you on the black watch in decembere thoiugh

DON'T KNOW IF YOU ARE READING THESE POSTS OR ARE AWAY. IAMMON THE MINI CRUISE ON BLACXK WATCH WANT TO DINE TOGETHYER I'VE GOT THE BOOKING FORM IF YOU HAVE YOUR CABIN NUMBER AND I'LL PUT YOU ON IT. 1ST SITTING FOR 8. I'M IN 8009 ON BRIDGE DECK, TOMORROW TOUR AND COCKTAILS ON THE silver cloud AT TOWER BRIDGE LOWER.

We got back last night from Scotland. I had seen your previous message but unfortunately for some peculiar reason I was unable to log on.

A big coincidence. We too are in an obstructed view cabin - number 8006. I don't think this obstructed view matters at all. A lot of the sailing time it will be dark and for sailing up the Seine in the daytime if it is too cold on deck we shall enjoy the very nice panoramic lounge at the top. Yes it would be great to get on the same table again. Unusually for us we have booked first sitting - partly because it will be dark so might as well, but also partly thought this cruise might attract large parties being so near to Christmas and might be noisier at second sitting.

At present we are on countdown for the end of September and our three weeks on Marco Polo - well 19 nights but we spend the first two days in a hotel in Athens.

Look forward to seeing you again.

Hi Angela Thanks Were Are Very Close Then.i'll Put It On The Booking Form. Just Did Toiur Of The Silver Cloud In Twr Bridge Then Went To To Harwich To Sesee The Discovery Lve. So Yopu In Athens Is The Itteinarary Changed Pam Is In Athens I Thing Went On Marco Polo Sascwell.thought She 3was In Norwayt

Yes Looking Forward To Seeing You Too

David

• 2 weeks later...

tis a pity you wpon't accept emals as this is the only way to talk. this is an upgrade we are getting from f grade to e grade i think. welol yesterday did the discovery tour and lunch in harwich veryu nice too., according to their brochure they don't do shares with other males. its a pity asa the single occupancy works out quite a bit. met a nic4e couple who livec in libya and want to go there again. the weather was not very good.ship was 2hours late coming in due to really bad weather in the north sea. they were still coming off at midday.

today i'm off to liverpoolfor weekend,beatles weekend and the qe2 comes in on monday

talk soon

david

seabourndt@aol.com

can you help me iam trying to send texts to a friend in the usa but can't work out what to dial jher number is 4991060 lives in indiana.

she can't send me any either toldher to try 44 plus my number minus 0 is this right

dave

• 3 weeks later...

Archived