complimentary upgrades on STAR ??

Idahocouple

My Fiancee (wife on april 22) and I are sailing on the STAR on April 26th. We are currently booked in an inside cabin on deck 8. Are there complimentary upgrades to outside cabins or even mini-suites available ? This is our 1st cruise and we sort of feel like fish out of water....Speaking of fish and water, on the Mexican Riviera cruise, which port has the best snorkling ?? We are welcoming any and all info anyone can give us :) Thanks...B&D..."Idahocouple"..:)

Sorry,

I do not believe that you will get a complimentary upgrade. The best rule to go by is book the cabin that you want.

You may try for an "upsell".....you will have to pay. There are many threads on this.

My Fiancee (wife on april 22) and I are sailing on the STAR on April 26th. We are currently booked in an inside cabin on deck 8. Are there complimentary upgrades to outside cabins or even mini-suites available ? This is our 1st cruise and we sort of feel like fish out of water....Speaking of fish and water, on the Mexican Riviera cruise, which port has the best snorkling ?? We are welcoming any and all info anyone can give us :) Thanks...B&D..."Idahocouple"..:)

If your fiancee is the CEO's daughter, then a complimentary upgrade will be waiting for you. Otherwise, let them know this is your honeymoon and that you would be interested in an upgrade, if one is available, and see what happens.

Thank you..ill give those ideas a shot and see, the worst anyone can say is 'NO' right!? Our cabin is 8159 right now and Im starting to think that we are bottom of the barrel. Any suggestions as far as where to snorkle ?? Ive done it for years including Hawaii and Tahiti and would like a great place to go while on our Mex Riv trip.

:)Hi, We went snorkeling at Chileno Bay in Cabo San Lucas and it was great. I was told by more than one source that Cabo is the only good place to snorkel on the cruise. You can get off the ship and rent a water taxi in Cabo, I read posts about that before our cruise. We elected to go with a ship excursion and had a very nice catamaran to sail on. There is also a place called Santa Maria Cove in Cabo that is supposed to be fine for snorkeling.

About the inside cabin, we had one on deck 9 in February and I was a bit nervous about claustrophobia, but it was really ok. Kind of cozy! We needed to watch our budget and so it worked out well for us. The balconies look great, but it depends on your budget!! So don't worry too much about it if you end up staying there. I'm sure you will enjoy the Star very much, it is a fabulous ship. Have a good time!! Lynn

Call upsell desk. 1-800-327-7030

Good Luck

And hurry, currently there are available for your sailing:

AG Mini Suite

AD Romance Suite

AC Penthouse

PLUS, many oceanviews and balconies.

My 2 cents, surprise your new wife, get the upsell, don't tell her and let her walk into your room first. She'll never forget it and will think you are the most wonderful man in the world!

we are sailing with you. congrats on your wedding. we are first time cruisers also. come on over to our rollcall and meet all the nice people you will be sailing with.

denise and adam

As honeymooners, it can't hurt to ask. I have to tell you though that many cruises have literally hundreds of honeymooning couples, so the reality is that you are likely to simply be 2 of many. They don't really "do" any big special things (like upgrading free from inside to suite) for honeymooners. It's not really possible or realistic to hope for it. There is an extraordinarily slim chance that you might get a free upgrade, but those are usually within type (inside to better inside) or up one category (inside to oceanview) at the most. (The exception is if you book a guarantee; then you have a somewhat higher chance of being assigned into a higher category. The downside is that you have no control over your cabin location.)

As others have mentioned, the best piece of advice we can give you is to book the category you will be happy with. Free upgrades are few and far between.

If you are really interested in upgrading, do call the Upsell number. It won't be free, but some of the upsell prices are really quite good--far better than the "list" price.

Also, congratulations.

beachchick

I just contacted my TA about the upsell desk and the # i was given ( 800-327-7030). We have paid for a "J" cabin, and were automatically moved into an "N" catagory according to her. The agent at the upsell desk said that customers arent allowed to negotiate an upsell,its something that NCL does on their own. Im a bit confused now after seeing many posts on here saying they actually called themselves and were given offers and were able to make counter offers...This is becoming as confusing as keeping track of our kids...LOL....suggestions anyone ?

what exactly do you mean come over to 'your' rollcall ??? Im beginning to feel like an idiot with all this info im trying to digest..lol. What excursions are you guys going on ?? So far we've decided the canopy in PV and one of the snorkling trips in cabo...other than that we are open..Brett/Daisha

what exactly do you mean come over to 'your' rollcall ??? Im beginning to feel like an idiot with all this info im trying to digest..lol.

Here is the link to get to the 4/26 roll call thread, where you can chat pm the boards with people who will be on the ship with you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=266396

Hi Idaho couple,

There is another place, or a subsection on this board, for cruisers on a specific cruise. I am on the 4/26/06 Star cruise also. I beleive NeeCee has already left you a message inviting you over to our board. We are in cabin 8057 on Deck 8. We were originally much lower down in the boat and we got an upgrade to deck 8. Still an inside room, just a more convenient deck to all the activities. The rooms are a bit comfy (small) but we've cruised now ten times, our 2nd on NCL, and we've had inside rooms on all but two. We had a balacony once and we were upgraded to an ocean view one time. A balcony is wonderful but for us not worth the extra expense. We don't spend that much time in the room anyway. Sea days you have so much to do on board and port days you are out having an adventure. The room is a place to get some sleep and shower before going out and having more fun. I was hooked on cruising almost immediately and am really looking forward to this one. If you have a TA you might ask them for snorkeling info or you can download some excursion info off the NCL website. Our little group is going to gather and meet I think on the 1st sea day. Hope you can join us!

Tommy & Caroyn

Hello Idaho we went on the Star in January, and we bought an upsell from a JJ to a BA Aft balcony cabing for $200 pp. All I did was callteh Upsell they offered me a deal I called my TA they called and it was all done. After of course teaching my TA about the upsell she was trying to charge us each $800 pp more! As for snorkeling I have snorkled in Ixtapa and it was very good. Just bring your own snorkeling equipment and rent a water taxi to take you out near the reef! Have fun!

Archived