Official Carnival Notice for Sensation & Fantasy

sturgis

I was on the Fantasy in May 2004. It was very clean and teh food was good. The service in the dining room was okay. I was on the Glory in 2005. Believe it or not, there was not that much difference in the ships other than the Supper Club (maybe the best food I ever had, worth the extra money) and the Fish-n-Chips.

Had a great vacation... both because of and in spite of the ship. I wish the change to the Fantasy would have been made prior to our sailing as we were really interested in Grand Turk and Freeport is in my mind a far less attractive destination.

The upside was the food service was all excellent (however, they could use another body at the pizza counter as there was often a line and he just couldn't keep up with demand), the room was fine, the bed and bedding was amazing, the shows were very good as were the daily activities. In spite of the ship being sold out, there was plenty of space to find quiet spots away from the crowds. The staff was attentive and friendly. The last day was the day at sea, and this was the first time they operated the water slide. The embarkation process was amazing... we were on the ship in less than 10 minutes.

On the downside, the public areas (aside from the spa) were a bit worn and dated looking the decks look in need of a refinish (the wood is very greyed). My guess is that while the ship was serving FEMA, it did not receive the daily maintenance (paint touch-up, metal polising, etc..) it would while sailing.

The biggest downside was the communication. You could ask 3 different staffers the same schedule question and get 3 different answers. While on Half Moon Cay we asked what time the last tender departed... we were told 5:00, 5:30 and 6:00 by 3 different employees. You may suggest checking the Caper, well, it made 2 references to 6:00 and one to 5:00. This sort of thing was typical. The last day of the cruise the Caper reported the Ecsatsy Dining Room to open at 11:30 to serve lunch... which came as a bit of a shock to the surprised Maitre' de after a line had formed outside the entrance. Here is a good one; on the first night of the tour we received our snorkeling excursion coupons for Grand Turk! Apparently someone did not know that the itinerary was changed? We had already received our refund for the excursion ??? I guess I'll attribute this stuff to a staff that has only been together a few weeks and still have some kinks to work out.

All in all though, we just rolled with it and had a great time. I do, however think some compensation would be appropriate for the itinerary adjustment(downgrade?) that was due to a known mechanical malfunction. I would appreciate any ideas on who should be the recipient of a letter.

Sounds like you had a fairly descent trip all and all. We will be going in July the 2nd, did you have a suite, thats where we will be staying. Glad to know that the food was alright, doesn't sound like you could get a straight answer from anyone though.

I was looking forward to go on the Sensation because I have never been on this ship. They change my cruise to the Fantasy but that fine with me I have been on the Fantasy before and enjoyed it.

We are going to the Grand Turk & Half Moon Cay this time just like to know if anyone has been there and what the ports are like?

Half Moon Cay was the highlight of our trip. I've never seen so many shades of blue and the sand is super fine and white. They basically transport the party from the ship to the island... the band, the bars, the buffet, the staff... etc. There are also about 80 employees that are litterally shipped in from Eleuthera to assist in the festivities. There are only 10 people that live on the island, our flats fishing guide, Larry was one of them.

We were scheduled for Grand Turks, but they changed it to Freeport :mad: due to the propulsion problems.

Archived