Interior Room Tips!?

danyelle

I'll be in an interior room for the first time on the Spirit 5/28. I'm used to balcony cabins and all the fresh air and space that provides. I read somewhere that if you're in an interior you should pack a night light or keep the bathroom light on/door cracked.

What other tips/ideas do you have for staying in an interior cabin?

Thanks!

Bring a plug in air freshener. I also like to bring febreze. I like it dark so it works great for me. Use all the great space they give you to store things.

I have never done it but read on here a while ago to put the tv on the outside channel. During the night it will be dark, then as it lightens up so will the tv and room. I think I might try that and see if I like it. This way you know it's morning! If you had a late night and don't want to know it's morning yet an inside room is great.

When we have stayed in inside cabins, I did leave the TV on to the channel where they show you the front of the ship. It worked great for us, I really did not like getting up and not knowing what it was like outside. Another note, even if you are an early riser and swear you won't need an alarm clock, set one anyway. My DH who NEVER sleeps past 7am was waking up around 10am if we did not set the alarm. As for myself, I could have slept till about noon. Have fun!

Not a tip, but just to say we've always done inside cabins and love them. I've never felt claustophobic. We, too, leave the bathroom light on. Also, I noticed on the Dawn, they have a reflector type circle on the outside door that makes a little light. It just feels cozy and, boy, can you sleep.

I use the automated wakeup service on the telephone. First night we were in an inside we woke up and got ready for breakfast. When we looked at our watch, we realized we were headed for lunch...it was 12:30 p.m.:eek: Can you sleep in those rooms or what?

We usually have an inside room and yes they are wonderful for sleeping!

We really don't spend that much time in the cabin so it doesn't matter that much to us.

I have had a hard time getting a air fresher and light to plug in. I can plug my clock, curling iron etc. but the not the air freshers ..... ummmm

I don't know much about the spirit. If it is a newer ship, they have designed things well to get all your stuff put away. On the Pride of Aloha, storage was terrible! I'm so glad I read these boards and hear about before I got on the ship... I went prepared with a sweater hanger for the closet.

:) The room is small....we hung up alot of our stuff! There are shelves in the closet and 4 small drawers. There are shelves by the bathroom sink and under it. I bought an over the door shoe hanger and that helped, too. We didn't have a night light, but it didn't bother us....we did keep the bathroom light on (with the door closed). We stored our luggage under the bed.

If you don't plan on spending much time in the room, it is enough space....if you plan on spending time in the room, you would feel tight, IMO.

Have fun!

I followed the take your own alarm wind up big ben at least you know what times it is when you roll over. The other suggestion I took was take one of those surge protector bars and you'll have 4 or 5 extra plugs. It's great when you have two different curling irons going for two different women and the air freshener would work. I'll be on the Spirit 5/28 also.

We enjoyed the inside cabin very much. A night-light is all that was needed so that we could see enough to get about during the night time.

The plug in air fresheners have been known to be a fire hazard in the past. Perhaps they are now safer, but this may be something to consider. We found a few spritzes of Fabreze would freshen the cabin, if needed.

The cabins seem to have circulating air all of the time, and they also have individual thermostat controls so that you can keep it at your desired comfort level.

We asked the steward to remove the bedspread, leaving the white down comforter exposed. This gave the cabin a brighter, fresher feeling.

We absolutely loved the Spirit, and found that we actually spent very little time in the cabin. Way too much exploring to do all about the ship to stay in the cabin.

The darkness did cause afternoon naps to be so wonderful!

Have a great cruise!

Archived