Xcaret excursion question

cruisy

We are on the Triumph in a few weeks. Our port time is until 6:00 pm. We are doing the Xcaret excursion and return at 2:30. I think we depart/return on a tender directly from the ship, bypassing Cozumel. If we do return at 2:30, assuming the last tender back from Coz is at 5:00, will we have any chance to go to Cozumel for a short time?

In other words: How long does the tender to Cozumel take, and is there anything near the pier? I had really hoped to get to Tanya Moss in Cozumel.

We are on the Triumph in a few weeks. Our port time is until 6:00 pm. We are doing the Xcaret excursion and return at 2:30. I think we depart/return on a tender directly from the ship, bypassing Cozumel. If we do return at 2:30, assuming the last tender back from Coz is at 5:00, will we have any chance to go to Cozumel for a short time?

In other words: How long does the tender to Cozumel take, and is there anything near the pier? I had really hoped to get to Tanya Moss in Cozumel.

Personally, I WOULD NOT do this excursion. The tender to Playa del Carmen is at least 45 minutes. Possibly an hour depending on conditions. So you are spending 2 hours of your shore time riding in a small boat. It was rough the day we went and one of my friends got seasick. There is only one tender too. One going out, one coming back. If you get done early you can't catch an earlier tender. You have to wait.

You will have 4-5 hours in Xcaret - nowhere near enough time.

We had to rush to be back on the bus by 1:30. Then we waited in line for them to allow us back on the tender. Then apparently another excursion was late, so we had to sit on the tender for an hour, then another 45 minutes back to the ship. I can't say for certain that you will not have time to go to Cozumel. I can say that I was hoping to, and did not get to.

I am booked on another cruise in October but have learned my lesson and will just be going to Coz this time.

We just did this excursion and had no time to shop in Cozumel. They took us straight back to the ship from Playa Del Carmen. However, we DID find the excursion enjoyable - perhaps because we paid for an extra activity (Sea Trek with helmets). We also enjoyed the river float through the park. Our only gripe was the long walk to the bus when we got to Playa Del Carmen. We must have walked 15-20 blocks in the sun to just get on the bus to take us to the park. They couldn't park the bus closer to the pier because there is not enough room to park as many busses that leave at the same time in the morning. On the return trip they were able to get within about 2 blocks from the pier because the excursion times vary and not all get back at the same time.

You will have time to shop. Your tender ride is only approx. 35 minutes from Playa to the ship (which will be at Puerta Maya). The tender will take you directly back to the ship. You just need to get on a tender going to shore, then a taxi to town. The shop is downtown, close to Hard Rock Cafe. The taxi ride to downtown will be about 15 minutes maximum and $6 per taxi one way. Xcaret is my favorite place here. But a word of caution...please don´t try to see everything. There is just too much...pick several things you want to see or do and your 5 or so hours in the park is plenty to do them.

We just did this excursion and had no time to shop in Cozumel. They took us straight back to the ship from Playa Del Carmen. However, we DID find the excursion enjoyable - perhaps because we paid for an extra activity (Sea Trek with helmets).

I did not have time to do 1/4 of the stuff in the park *without* booking an extra activity.

I love Xcaret, but I will go back when I take a cruise that docks in PDC.

I did not have time to do 1/4 of the stuff in the park *without* booking an extra activity.

I love Xcaret, but I will go back when I take a cruise that docks in PDC.

I always pick a "theme" to do when I go...one day is animals, other sea stuff, other cultural. You are right, no way (and no amount of energy) can you do it all in one day! Pick and choose what you want to do is a good method.

Archived