Hampton Inn Plantation-Ft. Lauderdale

LUCY55

Stayed pre-cruise at the Hampton Inn Plantation for cruise departure at Ft. Lauderdale. Couldn't be happier with the hotel. Although this hotel is about 20 minutes from the airport and port everglades it worked out great for us. When we got in at the airport and called the hotel they said it would be about 30 minutes for the free shuttle, it was about 15 minutes. The hotel is very nice. Safe area and an easy walk to the nearby Fountains Mall for dinner. There are 15 restaurants there, including the Olive Garden and Chilli's. The free port shuttle runs on the hour. We took the 10 o'clock. About a 20 minute ride to the port. Were in the first group to get on the Carnival Liberty. Although you are not near the port--this hotel was a good choice. Would be good for families. Small attractive pool, but too cool to swim. If you have questions, will try to answer.

Glad to read your glowing review of the hotel and the surrounding area. Most focus on the area close to the port not realizing there are excellent alternatives 20 minutes from the port.

We paid $149. However, since there is a free shuttle from the airport, a free shuttle to the port, and free breakfast there is value added for our family of 4. And they seemed to have a very dependable shuttle service and you could pick your time. I also have never seen bad traffic on a Saturday or Sunday morning, so the ride to port is 15-20 minutes. Hampton Inns seem to be consistantly nice. We ate at the Olive Garden which we like. It is nice to start a vacation in a positive way. We had stayed at the Amerisuites on 17th Avenue in the past and were not that impressed. I would go further out for a better hotel and positive experience.

Thank you Lucy, I just spoke with Debbie the manager and received a rate with tax for $120.49 for our December cruise. I previously booked the H.I. express at a rate of $189.00 + tax = now cancelled. Thanks again for the information !!

I think it is a good choice. You probably got a better rate because last week was spring break. It is possible that you will wait longer for the shuttle. I believe they run until 11:00 p.m. You can call them if you have any questions. Also got a non-smoking two queen room--exactly what we wanted. Not a hint of smoke.

Archived