Goat Cheese Souffle

Randi S.

I was just wondering if the goat cheese souffle is the same appetizer served in the Summit's specialty restaurant.

We ate in the Summit's restaurant, but skipped it on our last Infinity cruise. How do you compare the two?

We will be on the Infinity May 20th. Still deciding if we want to make a resevation in the United States. It's not the cost, but the fact that we really enjoy Celebrity's food in the main dining room.

We have sailed on Millennium, Infinity, and Summit, and have enjoyed eating in the specialty dining rooms on all three ships. The Olympic Dining Room onboard Millennium is my favorite because of the beautiful wood panels from the RMS Olympic that adorn part of the dining room.

The Goat Cheese Souffle as well as the Chocolate Souffle were on all three menus. Both are truly my favorites and give my tummy a smile just to think about them. The service, elegance, and slow paced evening were special to us and friends with whom we dined. It makes for a very special evening. You might want to check with the Maitre 'd when boarding to see if there is a particular evening's menu that you wouldn't mind skipping. Do make your reservation early, however.

Enjoy!

Sandie

We did the specialty restaurant on the Constellation last week.

We actually had dinner twice in the restaurant (Ocean Liners)

1st time. Menu Exceptional (Wine pairing menu). 6 courses. Portions were smaller then the regular menu and the selection was limited. The wine pairing was great (for each course). Glad that we did it. Probably wouldn't do it again, but glad that we did it. Cost was $57.95 p/p. Well worth the additional cost for the wine experience.

2nd time. Regualar Menu. We could order paired wine by the glass if we wanted to. 4 courses. Portions were generous. Would do it again in a heart beat. Cost was $30.00 p/p.

Each time we ordered the goat cheese. It was excellent each time but the regular menu offered a very generous portion as opposed to the Wine Pairing menu.

The cheese cart was presented with both menus. The Wine Pairing menu limited the cheese selection to 3 choices. The regular menu allowed unlimited.

Enjoy! Have a great time!

Last June while on the Infinity we ate the alternative resturant and ordered the goat cheese souffle and I must say it was wonderful. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Marilyn

• 1 month later...

Archived