Glutin free meals

Royalco

newbiefromvancouver

Let us know how sailing gluten free goes on the Sun. We will be sailing her in August and my wife has celiac. We were told to call NCL before hand to make arrangements with them and to talk to the kitchens staff when we boarded. We to were wondering if they cooked using sepeate utenils as to not contaminate the food from foods which have gluten. Look forward to hearing your review.

engineer

I'm cruising on the SUN and am gluten free because of celiac. If you call the passenger courtesy desk 1-866-625-1159 they can give you more info about the request for a gluten free foods list offered on the ship, which you pick what you would like them to order for you. But you need to request this in advance. Other option is to email them at passengercourtesydawn@ncl.com Good Luck!

• 1 month later...

My wife and I are sailing on the Majesty in July and hoping they are able to accomodate a menu for celiac disease. My wife was diagnosed last year just before our cruise on the RCI Splendour of the Seas. They did an excellent job. Reviewing the menus the evening before and checking with the chefs whenever we had a question or concern. Breakfast, lunch and dinner, she had her basket of special GF bread. I needed to remind her that she didn't need to eat the entire basket to be polite. They were also great at interchanging portions of other meals. Ordering the steak and adding the vegetarian plate options. Beside the necessary gluten free diet for celiac, she is to avoid high oxylate foods (potato, chocolate, berries, many dark green veggies and on and on.....) It does make dining out a challenge. The Spelendour cruise was some of the best dining out we have done. You do need to worry about cross contamination, but we have to hope they are being as careful as possible.

Archived