Online vs Travel Agent

finallynluv

i cant remember the thread.. but from experience.. i would say its the same except sometimes its cheaper to book online...

we have saved hundreds sometimes doing that...

depending if you get discounts.. we booked directly with NCL this time since we are lattitudes and it was 200 cheaper than online, so it depends, i would compare online and directly with the cruiseline , sometimes there are extras you get on some sites like expedia.. sometimes you get ship credit or coupon books, and things like that..

hopefully this helps..

we definetley usually look around and compare 1st, then book it :)

Most TAs will have at least the same price as booking direct with the cruise line. Some, including online engines, will rebate part of their commissions to offer you a better price (but some cruise lines, mainly RCCL and Celebrity, don't allow this practice).

Even with no rebating, some TAs will try to get an extra ammenity for your cruise to earn your business.

At the end, my (biased) opinion is that you will get better service from a good TA that booking online, and in some cases, that is worth much much more than any upfront discount.

Regards,

Enrique

At the end, my (biased) opinion is that you will get better service from a good TA that booking online, and in some cases, that is worth much much more than any upfront discount.

maybe yes and maybe no-- i have used an online ta for the last 4 cruises-- in every case they were the lowest price i could find---- i have written them on a sunday nite and gotten a response within 30 min --- a heck of a lot faster then the local ta i used to use who didnt get back to me for days-- in my biased opinion if the price is lower use my ta

I booked through a TA and will be doing the same thing again. My TA was able to get me the same price that I found online. I like to travel knowing that if I encounter any problems my TA is only a phone call away plus any questions I have along the way are quickly answered.

I booked through a TA and will be doing the same thing again. My TA was able to get me the same price that I found online. I like to travel knowing that if I encounter any problems my TA is only a phone call away plus any questions I have along the way are quickly answered.

this is true.. but its the same as online.. if you use expedia or orbitz.. you have an agent and their number.... and if you have questions you call them too..or problems .. same thing i think....

i just like booking online to save money.,,if thats the case....

but ive never used a TA to compare it but thats just my opinon ;)

i started traveling in 1999 when online was the way to book...

Archived