Update from CDC contact of Mercury

edieredmann

I just talked to CDC, by phone, in Alabama, about the current status of Mercury. The lady I talked to was Lisa, and she was very helpful. She told me that the current Noro levels have dropped significantly, and are below outbreak level. She told me that the bleaching will continue for the rest of this cruise, and for four or five days into the next. If the levels remain dropped , Celebrity will probably stop the bleaching process. From what she told me , Celebrity will determine when to stop the bleaching. Above all, she told me to tell everyone, to wash your hands, and use hand sanitizers. The number to call is: 1-770-488-7138.

I just talked to CDC, by phone, in Alabama, about the current status of Mercury. The lady I talked to was Lisa, and she was very helpful. She told me that the current Noro levels have dropped significantly, and are below outbreak level. She told me that the bleaching will continue for the rest of this cruise, and for four or five days into the next. If the levels remain dropped , Celebrity will probably stop the bleaching process. From what she told me , Celebrity will determine when to stop the bleaching. Above all, she told me to tell everyone, to wash your hands, and use hand sanitizers. The number to call is: 1-770-488-7138.

Thanks for the update. It's making me feel better about the April 28 sailing.

Terri

There is a second part to the frequent hand washing - DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE - until you wash your hands. If your nose itches - leave it alone until you WASH YOUR HANDS.

I work in health care - and we talk all the time about hand washing - but the second part is - DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE - until you wash your hands.

Archived