The Pearl

Thanks Shoreguy I feel better! I booked already with my TA ,but I am sailing on the Dawn Thursday and I am looking forward to see if they offer me anything to book it on board.

On the Jewel they were offering a Lattitudes Gold for $500 and Platinum for $2995. I went for the Platinum, it saves $300 or 10%. It's structured a bit odd as $650 down, and you get a $100 onboard credit so it's really $550 down. The rest is due in 6 months. So pay $2895 and get a $3200 credit to use on future cruises. I'll take a tax free 10% any day. Also get $500(?) in hotel and resort vouchers I don't figure on using.

The Platinum includes some nice VIP treatment that is well worth it. Like VIP checkin and VIP disembarkation, VIP tender. I book Penthouses so I get it all anyway. Rules say you must specify you are using your credit at the time of booking so you make have to cancel with your TA and rebook, or just talk to customer service.

I'm on the Pearl 2/2/2007 for the 9 day SC in a penthouse. I was just on the Jewel in an AE penthouse and enjoyed myself a lot. The exotic western caribbean iternerary was not so great. The southern route looks great, Dominca sounds like St Lucia but bigger and better. Found lots of info on ports at *************** and shoretrips.com.

Apply for an NCL Visa and charge the $650 plus balance and you get points.

I wouldn't say Dominica is "bigger and better" than St. Lucia--it's less populated and poorer, but the lush jungle foliage is similar. Dominica is actually one of our favorite islands; the people are lovely and the scenery is fantastic.

It's not a good beach island, but there are rivers to swim in and you can go snorkeling at the reef...there's even a place where warm bubbles come up from the volcanic vents. Pretty cool. And the hiking is outstanding. Roseau also has some nice informal little restaurants for trying the local food and juices. Just don't go there expecting stores full of diamond and gold jewelry, like one loudmouth woman on the Norwegian Sky who totally embarrassed all of us. Think of it as nature island and enjoy it as such.

Archived