Wi-Fi Cost?

asctony

Has anyone used Wi-Fi on the Lirica or Opera in the Caribbean? 'To utilize MSC Wi-Fi, guests must have equipment capable of operating Wi-Fi, purchase prepaid cards at Guest Reception and activate the browser.' Does anyone know what was the cost of the card? Thank you. Happy Cruising!!

Those prices you listed are for the onboard internet cafe, not for Wi-Fi. I saw many people using their own laptops onboard and remember seeing something in the daily programs and the info given out the first day but for the life of me cant remember what the cost is of the prepaid card. My cruise was 4 months ago and my memory isnt as great as it used to be LOL.

Given the cost of the internet cafe, I am sure Wi-Fi wont be cheap. Did you try calling the MSC 1-800# to see if they can tell you???

Sorry I cant be more help!!!

I used the internet on the Lirica in February. I took my laptop and bought an hour for $31.00 and got ten free minutes for signing up the first day. It worked pretty good, and I was able to use it in the room with ethernet. I saw some people using the computers in the cafe but would rather work in the room, type everything out, and only go online long enough to send and receive.

Shipshapegal

You had to use ethernet wire in the room but could use wireless in the cafe. It isn't a $31.00 card, but an account that shows up on the ship's guru's computer so he can see how much time you used. If you take your laptop he will enable it to go online. Maybe someone smarter than I am could do it themselves, but as for me, he took my laptop behind a door and it came back ready to go. It worked pretty fast and I was happy with it. I liked being able to use it in the room and the ethernet wire plugs in the cabinet near the fridge. If you didn't know it was there you would never find it. Have fun, I certainly did!!! I loved the Lirica and plan to go again next winter.

You had to use ethernet wire in the room but could use wireless in the cafe. It isn't a $31.00 card, but an account that shows up on the ship's guru's computer so he can see how much time you used. If you take your laptop he will enable it to go online. Maybe someone smarter than I am could do it themselves, but as for me, he took my laptop behind a door and it came back ready to go. It worked pretty fast and I was happy with it. I liked being able to use it in the room and the ethernet wire plugs in the cabinet near the fridge. If you didn't know it was there you would never find it. Have fun, I certainly did!!! I loved the Lirica and plan to go again next winter.

Would you please give me some idea of what the Ethernet cost? Thank you! Happy Crusing!

The ethernet is the CONNECTION (the wire) in the room. (You can take your own wire or use theirs.) You buy the time and can use it either on the ethernet connection or in the cafe, it's all the same minutes they deduct from what you buy. Is this what you wanted to know? I am not too computer literate so if I didn't make this clear I apologize.

The ethernet is the CONNECTION (the wire) in the room. (You can take your own wire or use theirs.) You buy the time and can use it either on the ethernet connection or in the cafe, it's all the same minutes they deduct from what you buy. Is this what you wanted to know? I am not too computer literate so if I didn't make this clear I apologize.

Yes, you did answer my question. Thank you very much! Happy Cruising!

Archived